Calvin vs. Arthur

See the results of this poll: Do you prefer Calvin or Arthur

Respondents: 14 (This poll is closed)

• Calvin nn Cal: 7 (50%)
  • Arthur: 7 (50%)

[name]Calvin[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] :wink:

I like [name]Calvin[/name], but I love [name]Arthur[/name]. And if he may have a brother named [name]Gilbert[/name] one day (a name I’ve also loved ever since I read [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables!) then I think [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Gilbert[/name] would make a great pair. I agree that [name]Arthur[/name] will probably become more popular but I don’t see it being a top 10 or even top 20 name. As for middles, I like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Richard[/name]. Good luck!

The only [name]Calvin[/name] I have ever met was born in 1950’s so I wouldn’t worry about it becoming popular. I like it because it is not a nerdy name but a handsome, individual name like [name]Vaughan[/name] which I believe are lovely names but not embraced by those who follow the latest trend.

I like [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] the best.

I love both names so much, so this is hard! Does one sound better with your last name? I love [name]Cal[/name] for [name]Calvin[/name], and I do love it more than I do [name]Art[/name] or [name]Artie[/name] for [name]Arthur[/name], but like you, I can see [name]Artie[/name] growing on me.

If nicknames aren’t taken into account, I love [name]Arthur[/name] the most, but because you prefer the [name]Cal[/name] nickname, it sounds like [name]Calvin[/name] may be a better choice for you.

Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong either way!

Good luck!

Thanks for the opinions everyone! Many of you have said the things I was thinking.

Honestly, I think I LIKE the name [name]Calvin[/name] better, but for some reason, my mind keeps coming back to [name]Arthur[/name]. It makes no sense really. I certainly think that [name]Calvin[/name] is a safer choice, but it still has enough spunk to make me happy.

If we go with [name]Arthur[/name], I’m pretty sure it would be [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. That way if he really has an issue with [name]Arthur[/name] when he gets older, he can go by [name]Joe[/name] or AJ.

Dang, it’s hard to name a human!