Camellia nn Millie

Hey there,

I was hoping to get opinions on the name [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] for a cat with the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. My husband would probably use [name_f]Millie[/name_f] exclusively, but I could see myself using both names for her.

I really wanted to try to give her a flower name, since my other cat is named [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but my husband doesn’t really care for any of them. I suggested [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but none worked out. Then I tried nature inspired names like [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_m]Cinna[/name_m] ([name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f]), but no go.

So I set aside the flower name idea and we came up with [name_f]Leila[/name_f]. We both liked it at first, but then he remembered he had a cat named [name_f]Leia[/name_f] as a kid and it felt too close to that. Then as a compromise we settled on [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] because it sounds so similar. We both like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] and I’d be relatively happy keeping it, but it just doesn’t feel quite perfect.

So we have been calling her [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] for a couple of weeks, but I’ve still been searching for something that feels better. I thought of [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] tonight and mentioned that we could call her [name_f]Millie[/name_f] for short. Hubby said [name_f]Millie[/name_f] was really cute.

What are your thoughts on both [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] for a cat? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they could both be used interchangeably for her or should we just choose one? And how do you rank those two with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]?

Oh and if you chose the [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]/[name_f]Millie[/name_f] combo, which name would you put on her name tag? I’m kind of leaning towards [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] for the tag, just so I get the visual of the flower name, but [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is pretty darn cute written down.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

It’s beautiful! I’ve never considered [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] as a name before. It’s beautiful & a great way to get [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] & [name_f]Millie[/name_f] are too sweet. I like it way more than [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]. My cat that I named when she was a wee little kitten fourteen years ago is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I thought that [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] seemed too big for her as a baby, but [name_f]Mia[/name_f] fit her spunky little personality perfectly. At first I almost always called her [name_f]Mia[/name_f], & I still always refer to her as [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. But as she’s gotten older, I personally address her as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] 50% of the time. She responds to both. She doesn’t have a name tag, but if she did it would say [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I would put [name_f]Millie[/name_f] on your kitty’s name tag. It’s easier for people anyway, but [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] can just be a special name that mostly you call her.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for that great reply! I appreciate it so much. I am also glad to see that you take fur baby names so seriously and that we have very similar taste in names. I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Mia[/name_f], and most of the names in your signature as well. I also absolutely love that your pets have middle names! [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is actually [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. If we go with [name_f]Millie[/name_f] we could have something like [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u].

I’m really starting to fall in love with [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and it makes me feel excited in a way that [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] never did. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] felt like I just agreed on a name that I didn’t dislike, but wasn’t in love with. It also wasn’t flowing very well for me when I say [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f].

Since [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] is such a long name I definitely think she would be [name_f]Millie[/name_f] most of the time, but I can see using [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] in certain situations. I’m trying to get Dad fully on board, but he’s not sure yet, so fingers crossed! She’s his little baby, and I already had [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] before I met him, so it’s really important to me that he gets a say in the name and that we end up with something he loves.

I’m definitely still welcoming opinions from others, I love hearing what other people think.