Camilla and Clementine too similar?

We have 3yo girl twins [name_u]Marion[/name_u] and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]. Currently preg with surprise gender Singleton, 36w.

My all time fave name is [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], husband wasn’t keen first pregnancy hence [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]. But suddenly he’s red hot for it this time around! Too similar to have a camilla and a [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]?

Other option is [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] (too little girlish though perhaps?)

Open to any other suggestions if my style is your jam too!

I don’t think they’re too similar! If you don’t mind repeating initials, it’s fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also don’t think they’re too similar as full names.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you call [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] ‘’[name_f]Cami[/name_f]‘’ as a nickname? If yes, and you’re planning on calling [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] ‘’[name_u]Clemmie[/name_u]‘’ as a nickname, then they’d be too close, but in any other case I think they’re fine.

We do call her [name_f]Cami[/name_f] actually (never millia) - and I prefer [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] to [name_u]Clem[/name_u]. Dang! Might be a bit of a mouthful you’re right!

1 Like

I get that! You could also use a more unexpected nickname for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], like [name_u]Lennie[/name_u] or [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], but I get it if they wouldn’t stick as easily as [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u]. I think it might still be fine if you don’t use their nicknames that often, but if you do it might be a bit too matchy. I think [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is a good choice with [name_u]Marion[/name_u] and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] too though!

1 Like

I have a general preference for not repeating sibling initials, but beyond that [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] don’t seem too similar to me! And I definitely think it’s worth the shared initial for your very favorite name!!

I don’t think [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are too close! [name_f]Cammie[/name_f] & [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] might be though, so I would say go for it, just maybe choose another nickname for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]? It does have quite a few like [name_f]Emme[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Minty[/name_f]/Mindy, [name_f]Tina[/name_f], [name_u]Lenny[/name_u], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Clea[/name_f]

I definitely would consider using it especially if you still love it after two pregnancies.

I don’t think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is too close :slight_smile:

I don’t think they’re too close but I actually think I prefer [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

1 Like

Your girls have gorgeous names! I don’t think [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are too similar and I believe it’s important to pick a name you really love. [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] would be equally lovely within the sibset and I agree with @cactusgram that [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] would be a gorgeous combination. (And [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] definitely works on an adult - think of [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_m]Wright[/name_m]!) [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Depends on what NNs you use. [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] feel very close to me, but the full names are very different!

I do think [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is very young, and where I live in the US it also feels very dated.

With [name_u]Marion[/name_u] & [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], my first thought was [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] or Winifred.