Camilla or Georgia? Help!!! what do you prefer?

Am really struggling here and only a couple of weeks to go. Can’t decide at all, have a boys name picked but can’t decide on girls. We quite like classic english names that are not too mainstream or mega popular, but for the life of me cannot make up my mind, my hubby is the same so any thoughts would be very welcome (or even suggestions)

Oh I like both [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]! I prefer [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Georgina[/name] though, they seem that bit prettier and less common to me while still classic. [name]Do[/name] you mind me asking what your boy name is because it might help to see which girls name sounds better with it. Because if this baby is a girl and you have a boy in future they may end up being sibling names!

I dig ‘[name]Camilla[/name]’ a lot more than ‘[name]Georgia[/name]’. It has that classic, beautiful aspect to it, [name]IMO[/name]!
Plus, the nicknames are so cute–[name]Milla[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Cami[/name], etc…!!
Best,
L.

I like [name]Camilla[/name] more than [name]Georgia[/name] but I do like both of them.

I looove [name]Camilla[/name]! It’s on my own list as well. It’s so feminine and classic and has great nicknames as another poster pointed out. I like [name]Georgia[/name] as well, but not as much as [name]Camilla[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Georgia[/name]. Whenever I hear the name [name]Camilla[/name], I hear [name]Gonzo[/name] saying “Have you seen my baby chicken [name]Camilla[/name]?” That might just be me, though.

I prefer [name]Camilla[/name] over [name]Georgia[/name], but both are great name. [name]Camilla[/name] feels fresher and more upbeat to me. You can always save [name]Georgia[/name] for baby number 2, [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] would make a nice sibset. Also, I’ve heard that seeing the baby sometimes helps. Maybe you should go to the hospital with both names and then see which on fits her best.

I like [name]Camilla[/name], nn Camy or [name]Millie[/name]? :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] wins for me, though. [name]Georgie[/name] as a girl’s nn is TOO CUTE.

I prefer [name]Georgia[/name], but I think [name]Camilla[/name] is pretty.

I prefer [name]Georgia[/name], definitely. [name]Camilla[/name] doesn’t seem English to me, dunno why…I always think of it as a Portuguese name. [name]Georgia[/name] feels more classic and regal to me.

[name]Georgia[/name], but that is just me.

[name]Just[/name] a few random, disjointed, self-contradictory thoughts: I love the nn [name]Millie[/name], but I would go there through [name]Millicent[/name], although [name]Camill[/name][b]e [b] is good too. I too like [name]Georgina[/name] better than [name]Georgia[/name]. To me, [name]Georgia[/name] is an American place name, and either [name]Louisiana[/name] or [name]Alabama[/name] is fresher.

Here are some of my ideas of classic British names:

[name]Jemima[/name] ([name]Jemma[/name], [name]Mima[/name])
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Arabelle[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (Scottish)
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]

Also, there are some great lists or blogs posts for ideas on this site.

https://nameberry.com/blog/category/british-baby-names/

https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/09/19/british-baby-names-the-latest-crop/

That should give you more ideas than you really wanted. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Georgia[/name]

I think [name]Georgia[/name] is lovely! When I hear [name]Camilla[/name], I think of [name]Camilla[/name] [name]Parker[/name]-Bowles. Not that I live in the UK, but I think even the American public doesn’t see her in such a wonderful light. But, I think [name]Camille[/name] is absolutely gorgeous. It is airy and light, and I don’t have the same association as [name]Camilla[/name]. I hope that helps! Good luck naming!!! :smiley:

I love both [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]. I’m leaning toward [name]Georgia[/name], though, because while [name]Millie[/name] is adorable, I much prefer [name]Georgie[/name] to [name]Cammy[/name]. So I guess it depends on what you would use for a nickname, if any. They’re both great.

Thanks berries, great to get some opinons! :smiley:

I prefer [name]Camilia[/name].
I was very close to short listing [name]Camille[/name] for my second daughter but dad rejected it!
Good luck!

I prefer [name]Georgia[/name]. I think it’s cute and spunky. [name]Camilla[/name] is a name I have never been able to get on board with. They would go well as sisters though.

That’s hard! I like both names :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Camilla[/name] over [name]Georgia[/name], because I can’t get the fact that [name]Georgia[/name] is the feminine version of [name]George[/name] out of my head. [name]Both[/name] very cute, though…