Campbell Rose?

Need some help with a third girl (baby sister to [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name]). Thoughts on [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or other suggestsions?

I love it! I think [name]Campbell[/name] is a unique first name and super cute for a girl. The middle name [name]Rose[/name] makes it even more feminine.

[name]Campbell[/name] is cute, but doesn’t seem like the kind of name that will grow up well. And it really doesn’t fit in with [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], which are such classic feminine names. At the very least, I would switch it to [name]Rose[/name] [name]Campbell[/name], but I’d probably nix [name]Campbell[/name] alltogether and start fresh.
[name]Rose[/name] is a pretty first name, though, and does go better with [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Even[/name] better would be [name]Rosalie[/name]!

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would fit in wonderfully!

Some other suggestions:
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

[name]Campbell[/name] does not fit at all with the gorgeous, classic [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]! [name]Campbell[/name] is extremely trendy surname. Another poster said it was unique, but in my opinion it’s the exact opposite-- since it’s part of a trend, many other parents will be wanting a ‘unique’ name for their little girl, and stumble upon a name like [name]Campbell[/name]. If I had sisters named [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], and my name was a masculine name like [name]Campbell[/name], I would definitely feel shortchanged. Also, [name]Rose[/name] is really, really popular as a middle name, and used often to ‘feminize’ surnames, so I would bet that [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a fairly common combo.

If you want names with a similar sound to [name]Campbell[/name]:

[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]

If you want a feminine name with a boyish nickname, like [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]:

[name]Jessamine[/name] ([name]Jess[/name], [name]Jessie[/name])
[name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arabelle[/name] ([name]Ari[/name])
[name]Antonia[/name] ([name]Tony[/name])
[name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Joey[/name], [name]Jo[/name])
[name]Maxine[/name] ([name]Max[/name])
[name]Aurora[/name] ([name]Rory[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Samantha[/name]/[name]Samara[/name] ([name]Sam[/name])

If you want a ‘unisex’ name:

[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

If you want names in the style of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]

Not a huge fan of [name]Campbell[/name], sorry. It reminds me of that reporter and the soup. And it doesn’t go well with [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], both of which I love. [name]How[/name] about [name]Camille[/name] instead? [name]Camille[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Camilla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are both lovely. I love the double Cs, [name]Campbell[/name]/Something else and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I have a [name]Calista[/name] and a [name]Camden[/name], plus a [name]Gracelyn[/name] and a [name]Gabriel[/name]. Its interesting that we both have the same beginning letters for our children.

If your girls had unisex names like [name]Ellis[/name] and [name]Darby[/name], I could see adding [name]Campbell[/name] to the mix, but like the previous posters, I can’t see a unisex name paired with the classic and feminine [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. In addition to having a completely different style, [name]Campbell[/name] is a boys’ name, so I would assume that [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Campbell[/name] were two girls and a boy.

What about using [name]Campbell[/name] in the middle?

I can see these names with [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] (not all work with [name]Campbell[/name] in the middle, though):

[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]

Sorry for repeats!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree [name]Cambell[/name] does not fit with your other girls names. What about [name]Rose[/name] as a first name?

While [name]Campbell[/name] is a great name, I think the following fit better with [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] (super feminine):

[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Campbell[/name] is cute, but I would go with [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I love [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Brown[/name], but I still don’t care for [name]Campbell[/name] as a name.

I think [name]Carolina[/name] works really well with your other girls’ names.

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Rose[/name], beautiful!

I disagree with these na sayers! I think [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a beautiful and classic name…

I do have bias, our daughter is named Cambel [name]Julianne[/name]… which we picked because of the classic feel of it. We call her [name]Cami[/name] for short which allows for her to have both a playful nickname or a more classic formal name as she grows older.

We love it!

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name] AND…
Well I like [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name] but I think that maybe [name]Cambell[/name]'s better, like without the p but that’s preferance.
[name]Just[/name] incase you didn’t notice (which you probably have) All the names have C’s ad the initial [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Campbell[/name]. Are you looking for more C names or is it just a coinsidence?
here’s some more names that go with [name]Rose[/name]-
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] (unless you think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is too cheesy)
[name]Alissa[/name] (tons of spellings for that)
and here’s some C names (not nesisarily going with rose)
[name]Cambrie[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]
Cariane ([name]Carri[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] etc.)
[name]Candace[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
hope you like! If you don’t want other names just an opinion: [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a great name!

Two thoughts…first, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] and have since long before it was trendy. Perhaps it’s the fact that the only two people I’ve ever seen or known with that name are both girls, but it doesn’t feel masculine to me. It’s on our short list with nn [name]Callie[/name].

That said, I’m not sure that [name]Campbell[/name] is the best fit with [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. Regardless of whether [name]Campbell[/name] feels more masculine or feminine, it is undeniably more unisex than [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name]. And it is possible that some people (mostly name geeks like us who know that [name]Campbell[/name] is historically masculine) may think that [name]Campbell[/name] is a boy at first when paired with the other more feminine names. That may not be an issue to you, though…and, if it’s not, then go for it! It is a lovely name!

Contrary to irisrose’s opinion, i would feel extremely pleased if i were [name]Campbell[/name] and my sister’s were [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I think its fantastic, and although [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are gorgeous names, they are more the ‘norm’ and thus love [name]Campbell[/name].

I do agree, however, that it doesn’t fit as well as maybe [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Violet[/name], etc, but it is gorgeous xx

I am just going to be honest here…
I think it’s horrible, a very scottish surname and it is obvious it is try-hard ‘unique’ name just to get to the bella craze

sorry

I love [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! Stick to your guns, it’s a beautiful name!

No, don’t use it in the first name position it definitely doesn’t blend in style with your other daughter’s names.

I would look for a [name]Belle[/name] name that you like but the ‘camp’ part in [name]Campbell[/name] puts me off the name more than the mismatch of styles.

[name]Georgia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] &

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Annabella[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Adella[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]

[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I dislike the name [name]Campbell[/name] plus I dont think it goes well with your daughters names.

I’m late to this post, but I do hope you’ve decided to use this beautiful, feminine name. It is distinct from your other daughters, but just as lovely.