Can anybody sell me on these names?

Here’s a challenge!
I have a list of boys’ names which I like, but unlike my girls’ list I don’t really have any that I [name]LOVE[/name].
If you like any names from my list, could you say so, and say why?
Thanks!!

[name]William[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jesper[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Isidore[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Thor[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Ulysses[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]

[name]William[/name]…love the nn options, esp. [name]Will[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]…love [name]Theo[/name]
*[name]Jack[/name]…my favorite! Great first name…strong, handsome, athletic, “smart” name
[name]Nathaniel[/name]…great as a fn or mn
[name]Alec[/name]…great Irish/Scottish name! Fresh alternate to [name]Alex[/name].
[name]Henry[/name]…great as a mn…very classic.

Some suggestions:
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Alec[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]

I have a [name]Jackson[/name] [name]William[/name] and love that name. We also call him [name]Jack[/name]. I think its a good strong name that will suit a baby, child, teen, and adult well all his life.

I also really like [name]Emmett[/name]!

Great names! My favourites are:

[name]Theodore[/name]: I just love the nn [name]Theo[/name]. It is cute for a young boy, but can also work for when he gets older.
[name]Sebastian[/name]: One of my personal favourites! It is so strong, regal and classical.
[name]Alistair[/name]: Another personal fav. Again, it just gives off a commanding powerful aura.
[name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Lionel[/name] have a hipster, artistic ring to them.
I also like [name]Thor[/name] and [name]Ulysses[/name], great history behind them, but big shoes to fill.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Edmund[/name]- Like this so much better than [name]Edward[/name]. Sounds very British and likeable.

[name]Atticus[/name]- Maybe it’s because I’m reading To Kill A Mockingbird, but I currently am really digging this name. It’s sophisticated and easy-to-pronounce.

[name]Jack[/name]- So likeable and friendly!!

[name]Ezra[/name]- I’m not a fan of super masculine names at all, and this name shows it. I think it’s soft and nice and intellectual.

[name]Lionel[/name]- Same as [name]Ezra[/name] with the added cool [name]Lion[/name] thing.

[name]William[/name]
okay for me, Like nn [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
, again I like others better
[name]Edmund[/name] I prefer [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] handsome and nn [name]Eddie[/name] is great
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]!!! [name]Sebastian[/name] is cultured and handsome!
[name]Alistair[/name] a little hipster for me
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name] is great
[name]Atticus[/name] don’t love, Always [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] in my head
[name]Max[/name] too common
[name]Jack[/name] love but very popular
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
like others more
[name]Ezra[/name] okay, def like that its unique!
[name]Leopold[/name] too old-world for me, I picture a white wig
[name]Emmett[/name] I prefer [name]Everett[/name]
or [name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name] sorry, but this is a dogs name in my head… A cute one though!
[name]Jasper[/name] something about the “asp”
sound throws me off… Snake?
[name]Jesper[/name] looks like a misspelling of [name]Jasper[/name] or Jester
[name]Edgar[/name] prefer [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Alec[/name] [name]Love[/name]! So handsome and unexpected! Also love [name]Luca[/name] which has the same feel to me.
[name]Lionel[/name] like others better
[name]Linus[/name] Peanuts character is hard to get past
[name]Isidore[/name] this seems feminine to me
[name]Peter[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Peter[/name], a classic favorite of mine along with [name]Phillip[/name]
[name]Thor[/name] “tor” or “thor”?
[name]Kit[/name] a girls name to me
[name]Alaric[/name] I like this! [name]How[/name] about Illiam?
[name]Ulysses[/name] S [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] very handsome but getting popular

My favs from your list are definitely [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Alec[/name]

A few others
to consider
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
Illiam
[name]August[/name]
[name]Nicolas[/name] nn [name]Nico[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]

Well, here are my favorites from your list and why:

[name]Sebastian[/name]- This name is just amazing! It seems so distinguished and dashing to me; perfect on a handsome young boy and throughout his life!
[name]Max[/name]- Simple and sweet. [name]Max[/name] isn’t hard to spell or pronounce. It’s got such an easygoing feel but also sophisticated with the full name [name]Maximillian[/name] that many associate it with.
[name]Alec[/name]- This name is just made for a handsome boy! It seems so sharp, yet easygoing and even a little mysterious!
[name]Henry[/name]- A wonderful classic! I can see an adorable baby named [name]Henry[/name] <3 or of course a distinguished adult. Great name.

I love your name ideas and your child will have a great name no matter what you pick. If you still don’t really love any of the names on your list, try some of the other ideas given or go to nymbler.com to see if you can discover something you love. Best of luck!

I named my son [name]Thor[/name] 25 years ago and it was a great decision. everybody loves it (even bullies) and nobody forgets it. It is adorable for a toddler but obviously grows with him. It is a funny name for an infant but that doesn’t last long. He does have a scandinavian last name, however, I don’t know if it would go as well with an average last name.

My favourites from your list:

[name]Sebastian[/name] - I have always adored this name. Maybe a bit popular (#70)
[name]Dashiell[/name] - I have a [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]! [name]Dash[/name] is the best nn for a little boy :slight_smile:
[name]Max[/name] - Adored this since watching [name]Roswell[/name] (thankyou [name]Jason[/name] Behr). Again quite popular in its many variations though.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - [name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name] is such a spunky name for a little boy!
[name]Rufus[/name] - what a FANTASTIC name! If you’re bold enough to use it, [name]Rufus[/name] would be my favourite from your list after [name]Dashiell[/name] :slight_smile:

These are the names I really like:

[name]Edmund[/name] - Great alternative to [name]Eddy[/name]. It just sounds great.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - I feel like this ages very well.
[name]Dashiell[/name] - Somewhat trendy but adorable.
[name]Atticus[/name] - Very sophisticated. Has a great background with To Kill a Mockingbird.
[name]Max[/name] - Kind of plain but nice, simple, and proper.
[name]Jack[/name] - Adorable and can age well.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - I love it and all the possible nicknames. Can grow well.
[name]Ezra[/name] - Newer yet still has the meaning and history.
[name]Emmett[/name] - Fresh and new yet not extremely uncommon or out there.
[name]Jasper[/name] - Nice, soft, and cute. [name]Jas[/name] is a cute nn.
[name]Alec[/name] - Refreshing and nice.
[name]Henry[/name] - Very traditional and proper.