Can anyone relate??

So… I’m sick of looking at my list. I never thought that would happen but I had 5 or 6 names I was obsessing over and now I can’t really stand to look at them. Has this ever happened to you? [name]How[/name] do I fall back in love with my names?

What I decided to do was take one of them that I wasn’t that sick of ([name]Frederick[/name]) and make a new list based on that. I would love some opinions. This is what I came up with:

Other boys’ names:
[name]Charles[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] this name, if only my husband would let me use it. It’s his middle name and he says he can’t see it as a first name.
[name]Lucius[/name]- this is a new-found love. But I think it is so great. And I love the nn [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Luca[/name].
[name]Alexander[/name]- this has been on and off the list for a while, but I like it with [name]Frederick[/name] because they have the same style, length, etc.

Girls’ names:
[name]Alice[/name]- my husband, a while ago, told me he really didn’t like this name, then the other night told me that I was crazy because he really liked it; after a moment of confusion, it went straight back on the list.
[name]Sylvia[/name]- we like this name. I prefer [name]Sylvie[/name] (by far) but he wants a longer formal name, which I am totally on board with and [name]Sylvie[/name] is the obvious nickname.
[name]Jane[/name]- this had been allocated to mn status, but I thought maybe I wanted to bring it out because it is first name material.

Please let me know what you think. And any other suggestions that go with [name]Frederick[/name] (especially boys.) Thanks!

My B-i-l is [name]Fredrick[/name] [name]Charles[/name] ([name]Rick[/name], although his wife calls him [name]Freddie[/name].) His brother’s names go really well with [name]Fredrick[/name]:

[name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Douglass[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]James[/name] (My husband, typically goes by A.J)

Other names that go well with [name]Fredrick[/name]:
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Clarke[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Wendell[/name]

Girls:
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

I love [name]Alice[/name]!

You know what? It happens! I can’t believe it either, but you have to accept that it wasn’t the right name, just like when you try on a wedding dress and you think it’s the one, but you end up reselecting and fall in L-O-V-E forever and ever! It happens, I think your idea of creating a new list based off the part of the name you love is great! Good luck!

I like [name]Alice[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name] & [name]Jane[/name]. I like [name]Lucius[/name] from the boys I love a variant- [name]Lucian[/name] :slight_smile:

http://babynamelover.wordpress.com/

I can relate! Maybe if you take a break from the names on your list, they’ll come to feel fresh again later on. Then again, it’s also possible that as someone already mentioned, they aren’t “THE” names for you.

I really love [name]Frederick[/name], as well as all the names on your list. I love [name]Jane[/name] as a first name! :slight_smile:

Sorry for repeats!

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]