Can Belle stand on its own?

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Belle[/name] could stand on its own as a full name? I absolutely adore the name, but any other name where it could be a nn is much too popular for my taste ([name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], etc.)

Also, if you do like it, what other middle name could I use? Right now I have [name]Belle[/name] [name]Violet[/name] _____, and would love another middle name.

Thanks in advance for any and all input! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not really a fan of [name]Belle[/name] on its own (Iā€™ve known way too many dogs named [name]Belle[/name]), but it is very pretty. (Think of Days of Our Livesā€¦though her name was [name]Isabella[/name]).
I really have a hard time finding middle names when the first is only one syllable, but here are some ideas.

[name]Belle[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Camilia[/name]

Yes! I think [name]Belle[/name] (or [name]Bella[/name]) could stand on its own. I am not very fond of one syllable names, but this one is adorable!

I am horrible at mnā€™s, Iā€™ve only used family names for the mn of my children, so I wouldnā€™t be the one to answer that. Sorry!

[name]Belle[/name] has been one of my favorites lately! I love itā€™s beautiful simplicity. Itā€™s longer in letters than many popular names, look at [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]. I also donā€™t see anything wrong with being one syllable, nobody seems to question [name]George[/name] and [name]Claire[/name].

What do you think of [name]Belle[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]? Itā€™s flower name like [name]Violet[/name] but I think itā€™s more distinctive and has a really pretty feel.

I know a little girl named [name]Bella[/name]. To me, the names [name]Belle[/name] & [name]Bella[/name] donā€™t really get away from the popularity of -bella names.

I like [name]Belle[/name], but it does sound very ā€˜Disneyā€™ to me.

Have you considered?

[name]Belia[/name]
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Blanca[/name]
[name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Elma[/name]
[name]Carmella[/name]
[name]Chantel[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Jenelle[/name]
[name]Maebelle[/name]
[name]Marybelle[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]/[name]Nelle[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Sibell[/name]

I think [name]Belle[/name] has a pretty sound, but as a previous poster mentioned, I canā€™t seem to get past the Beauty and the Beast connection.

Somehow, [name]Bella[/name], though arguably the a on the end would make it even frillier, feels more dignified and less Disney princess as a formal first name.

[name]Bella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]June[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (and [name]Bella[/name], but [name]Belle[/name] more) on its own, and I think an advantage is that many of the Isabelles etc will go by nns related to the first part of the name. The only thing is that, if youā€™re worried about popularity, this is very much on its way up (and with [name]Bella[/name] being a Twilight name, I think that will continue). [name]Belle[/name] is still out of the US top 1000, but [name]Bella[/name] has gone up from 749 in 2000 to 122 now - thatā€™s quite a rise! So I think you should be prepared for there to be a lot of Belles just a few years younger than your daughter. Iā€™m not sure it would bother me, but I thought you should know.

I think that [name]Belle[/name] is beautiful, but for some reason, I picture it more as a middle name, such as [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. I love [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name], and now that I think about it, I donā€™t see any reason why [name]Belle[/name] canā€™t be used on its own.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yes, I think that [name]Belle[/name] can stand on its own! In fact, while I really like [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Anabelle[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name]ā€¦ I really love [name]Belle[/name] all by itself.

Of course, that could also be because it is a family name. My great-great-grandmother was [name]Belle[/name] and she was a fiery redhead that lived to be 103. In fact, I was 6 when she died. Because of her, I have a great association with that name.

On a side note, that particular part of my family has really awesome names. And many are getting pretty popular. [name]Belle[/name] had two children, [name]Lula[/name] and [name]Royce[/name] (g-gpa). [name]Royce[/name] married [name]Ava[/name] (yep, that spelling and she was born before [name]Ava[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]) whose mother was [name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name]).

If you like [name]Belle[/name], then go with [name]Belle[/name]. My only adivce would be that if you have a one syllable last name that it may not be the best choice. Also, you would probably want to go with a longer mn.

I am usually a no-goer for giving nns as names but ā€¦ [name]Belle[/name] is the one I think can do it, especially right now, with the absolute explosion in [name]Isabelle/names, [name]Annabel/names, etc., etc., etc.

We have a 9yr old [name]Belle[/name] and I guarantee this is a stand alone name. Gorgeous.

it did in Beauty and the Beast, lol!

I like the name belle. My sister is 21 and has been called [name]Belle[/name] much of her life even though her given name is [name]Michelle[/name]. I dont like the flow or [name]Belle[/name] violet. Floral middles with a uber girly name like [name]Belle[/name] is a no go.

I think [name]Belle[/name] can stand alone because it has a meaning in its own right - ā€œbeautifulā€, of course - and doesnā€™t necessarily belong to any other name as a nn.
Thereā€™s a gorgeous old rose called [name]Belle[/name] Poitevin - I always think it sounds like a personā€™s name, and I think [name]Belle[/name]'s lovely.
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Clarice[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Norina[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Rosamond[/name]