Can 'Caitrin' be pronounced kah-trin?

I’ve suggested Caitrin (I thought it was kah-trin) to my sister who is having her second baby in october and needs a girls name…she doesn’t know the sex but has picked [name]Dylan[/name] or [name]Conner[/name] for a boy. She wanted something Irish/Scottish/Gaelic etc. to go with [name]Cameron[/name] (her first child)…she’s been having trouble finding something she likes and I was so excited when she really liked my suggestion…only thing is she likes the pronunciation of ‘kah-tryn’ more than the pronunciation kate-rin (which i think is the real one because that’s all I’ve found online). I was hoping someone on here knew the real pronunciation and if this name has more than one real pronunciation (not made up). Thanks for your help!

Caitrin is a rare spelling – it’s a contraction of [name]Caitriona[/name] but not really a name in and of itself.
[name]Caitriona[/name] (kat-ree-na) is Irish/Scottish and [name]Catrin[/name] (kat-rin) is Welsh.

I’d go with the [name]Catrin[/name] (Welsh) spelling to avoid confusion.

I know someone named [name]Katrin[/name] who pronounces it the way you like.

She could always go with the classic Irish lass name, [name]Kathleen[/name]! :slight_smile: