Can Dawson work as a first name?

So I have been crushing on the name [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] for a little boy. I think it ages well but would it actually work for a human?

I don’t really have anyone to talk about names to so thanks to everyone on here :slight_smile:

What are your thoughts on [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]? Is it too surname-y?

Thanks! :smiley:

I know a 30-something year old named [name_m]Dawson[/name_m], and it works quite well. I did ask him once if anyone ever made '[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]‘s Creek’ references to him and he said only in high school (when the show was on prime time) but as an adult it was brought up pretty rarely. I don’t actually really like the name [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] all that much mostly because it has zero nickname potential and I like nicknames for boys. Besides that, it works just fine.

Yes, [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]'s Creek! I liked it then & I still think it’s a nice name.

I’ve known several little Dawsons’

I follow a blogger on instagram that has a toddler named [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]. At first, I wasn’t sure about it but seeing it used in “real life” made me a fan. It probably helps that the kid is insanely cute.

Her name’s [name_f]Kaila[/name_f] Walls if you’re interested.

It totally works. The oldest [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] I know is probably in his upper twenties by now and the youngest is just a few weeks old. All wear it well. The older [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] did get the “[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]'s Creek” jokes, although rarely, and the younger ones…no one says anything. My husband and I actually had [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] as our favorite name at one point ourselves :slight_smile: