Can Hannah have a nn?

We named our DD [name]Hannah[/name] cause we loved it but did not really think about nn.
What if the next names we pick have nn (which we are looking at nn to make
longer)? Are we now limited to non-nickname names?
Are there nn for [name]Hannah[/name]? Or does it even matter?

Thanks!

[name]Hannah[/name] is perfect as it is…and I don’t think it matters if you have one child with a nickname and one without a nn.

Much like [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name], I’ve heard the nn [name]Hannie[/name] for [name]Hannah[/name]. I think it’s cute, but you don’t have to use a nickname if you prefer the full name, and you don’t have to make all your other kids “nickname free” to match. [name]Just[/name] pick names you love. :smiley:

[name]Alexis[/name]

[name]Hannah[/name] is such a lovely name that personally I wouldn’t have a nn like [name]Hannie[/name] for it. I’m not a fan of nicknames myself and I do think that a lot of people pick a name simply for the nickname potential which is the opposite of my thinking. There is way too much emphasis on nicknames. If you have other children, I would suggest picking a name you love without any regard to nicknames. If one naturally comes along, then I don’t think it would be too bad for your first child to be without one.

Thanks for the replies everyone and the great advice!
Yes I do love [name]Hannah[/name] as a complete name. I think I will go with the suggestions of just
picking the next name cause I love it.

Thanks again!!!