Can I add this name or not?

I love the combo [name_f]Kyla[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] but I have a sister called [name_f]Keira[/name_f] (it’s actually spelled [name_f]Kyrah[/name_f] but it’s pronounced keer-rah like [name_f]Keira[/name_f]/[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]/[name_f]Kira[/name_f], so the spellings are almost the same but not the pronunciation).

Are [name_f]Kyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Keira[/name_f]/[name_f]Kyrah[/name_f] too similar or could I have a daughter called [name_f]Kyla[/name_f] (kie-la) and then her auntie called [name_f]Keira[/name_f]/[name_f]Kyrah[/name_f] (keer-rah)?

Any input is great. :slight_smile:

I think it’s fine. If it were siblings then definitely not, but aunt and niece seems distant enough. You could always ask your sister what she thinks?

Hmm…that’s a tough one. Personally, I would ask your sister how she would feel with a niece’s name that is very similar to her own, and consider her input thoughtfully. If she’s okay with it, it could be sort of a tribute. If not, perhaps you should reconsider. By the way, as a combo [name_f]Kyla[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is very nice :slight_smile:

I think it would be fine, but I think you should get your sister’s opinion.

I think the names are fine! I would ask your sister about it though.

I don’t think they’re too similar for an aunt and niece. For sisters, yes. And I agree that it might seem like a tribute to your sister since it looks quite similar to her name.

I think they’re just fine for niece and aunt. My SO and I just put [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f] on the list and my brothers both have Br-names. Not a big deal, imo.

They seem like they’d be fine for aunt and niece. I recommend asking your sister though.