Can I change my username?

… and if so how? Thank you.

As far as I know, it ain’t a way of changing it with creating a new account. That’s too bad, I would like to change mine, too.

There’s no way to change your username, unfortunately. You either have to make a new account or be stuck with a dorky username like the majority of us. :wink:

1 Like

haha, thanks! @southern.maple your user name is lovely. I hate being suzywoo - I guess I didn’t realise how much I would use this site when I registered!

Ugh, I wish we could change usernames. I’m the same as you, @suzywoo; I never thought I’d actually use NB so much! Now I hate my username but don’t want to start all over again with a new account.

I think [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] (emiliana) was able to change hers by emailing [name_f]Pam[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f]? You could always try that.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone – Sorry, but we don’t let people change their user names. It’s like the old-fashioned teachers used to tell us: The few bad apples have ruined things for everyone else, as some people would troll and continually change user names and pop up again as someone else. You can obviously sign up with a new email address and user name, though we are not thrilled when people do that unless they very clearly acknowledge from the beginning that, yes, suzywoo and candytoo are indeed the same person. And as candytoo, you can’t access suzywoo’s user lists and other saved data.

I guess the less is, appropriately enough for Nameberry, to choose your name wisely as names are forever!

1 Like

Maybe a “compromise policy” you could adopt would be to limit how often members can change their username (one forum I know of requires that at least a year has elapsed between changes) and to require them to acknowledge their former username in their signature for awhile afterwards (which would keep people from trying to pose as someone new).

1 Like

I changed mine as I couldn’t post with my new username, as I changed it completely and I still can’t post on blog under this username. I think the tech people switched the two around I don’t really know what happened. I know how you feel on having a bad username, mine used to be ebenezer.scrouge how horrible is that!!

Sadly, you cannot change your username.

Darn… oh well—at least I didn’t make mine something super weird. It’s just my name, but it’s boring and I regret putting my last name out for everyone to see.

1 Like

Same. [name_f]My[/name_f] username was automated. I just went with it because I never imagined using Nameberry much…. :flushed:

1 Like

LOL I never would have chosen this if I knew I’d use the forums… I’m a bear now for the rest of my life (and no one even calls me [name_f]Gia[/name_f] so where did that come from) :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I had an old account it wouldn’t let me login on… I was LilyLeigh003… love that lololol

1 Like

Lol XD LilyLeigh003 is so funny!

1 Like