Can I have your opinions on this name from a different culture?

Good morning! I’m looking for second opinions on the name [name_f]Pari[/name_f] (pronounced like [name_u]Perry[/name_u])? I like that it means fairy in Persian, though I’m not Persian. Would it be a strange name for someone with no Persian descent? Thoughts on the name Pari in general?

I think it would be just fine. Most names we use originate from countries we have no connection with.

As long as you respect the culture from which you take the name e.g. don’t gender swap them, pronounced them correctly, and are aware if it has significance/what that significance is (significance in the culture might make using the name disrespectful, but not always) then it’s fine.

Like @maerad, I think it is fine to use names from other cultures as long as you are respectful toward the culture. If possible, I think it is best to get the opinion of someone who is a member of the culture where the name comes from on its use by someone outside of the culture (as well as culture significance, pronunciation, etc). It is definitely important to do some research about the name if it is something that is unfamiliar to you in your culture. With a quick google search on the pronunciation of [name_f]Pari[/name_f], it seems like it is pronounced as par-[name_f]REE[/name_f] or [name_m]PAR[/name_m]-ree rather than like [name_u]Perry[/name_u], which is something you might want to look into! I think it is a nice sounding name though and the meaning in nice.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, I agree with previous poster about the pronunciation -it doesn’t sound like [name_u]Perry[/name_u].