Can I name my boys Cooper & Anderson?

[name_f]My[/name_f] son is [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and we absolutely love his name. We call him CJ and my husband is AJ.

We love the name [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] for a second son. I love the nickname [name_u]Andy[/name_u] and my husband would want to do [name_u]James[/name_u] as the middle name so this boy isn’t left out!

So their names would be [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. We would most likely call them CJ and [name_u]Andy[/name_u].

I’m wondering if people will think of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] (the news anchor) and if it’s strange to use those names for that reason?

Editing to add: [name_u]James[/name_u] is my husband’s middle name, so we’d like both kids to have it. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] are wonderful!!!

Are you saying you want to name your sons [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] cause I don’t know about having the same middle and first

Woops! I edited my post, realized that was confusing. Their names would be [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I’m just wondering if people will think of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and if that’s a problem!

no I did not think of that at all, I just saw it.

I sorta like [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], I do prefer [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] or [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Jace[/name_u] though, a similar name that isn’t exactly the same. :wink:

I think it’s fine. I wouldn’t use the same middle name though. Maybe [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] or [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] sound fine next to each other. CJ and [name_u]Andy[/name_u] is a really cute nickname set.

I’m not a fan of the repeated middle name, but each to their own. I just find it comes off as unoriginal and no longer special, which I know is not your reason of course, but that’s how it can feel. I think each child deserves to be uniquely named.

1 Like

I would give him a different middle from your other son, but other than that they are fine together!

1 Like

[name_u]Copper[/name_u] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] are great names for brothers! I like it!

I thought of the news anchor immediately but I don’t think it’s a big deal. They won’t always be introduced together, especially when they’re grown. If it bothers you you could use [name_m]Anders[/name_m] instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would think of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] immediately, but my parents watch a lot of CNN! If they primarily go by CJ and [name_u]Andy[/name_u] i think it’s fine

1 Like

When I saw the post title I automatically thought of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u]. If that constant connection bothers you I wouldn’t do it… if you don’t care then who cares really. You could always do [name_m]Anders[/name_m] or [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Andy[/name_u].

I do agree with the responses above that suggest a different middle name though.

2 Likes

As an Australian, I actually have no idea who he is :sweat_smile: so to me they work fine together!

I’m not even from the US (I’m Australian) and he’s the first thing I thought of. In saying that, I wouldn’t let it stop you if you love it! It’s not like he’s someone awful either so there are no negative connotations (for me at least; I suppose for some people there might be).

I did immediately think of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u]. However, I didn’t think it was weird. They’re both great names, and sometimes we just happen to like names that coincidentally relate to something else. The names that I like for siblings have a lot of coincidental “themes” that would make people think I was going for something themey/matchy etc. when in reality, it was just a coincidence that two names I like are in pride in prejudice, or that both happen to be B names, or virtue names etc.