Can I please get some opinions on this name?

A few weeks ago I came across the name Channary (chan-uh-ree) online and I thought it was interesting. I’m really starting to fall in love with it. It is a female Cambodian name that means “full moon”.

I just wanted to know what you thought of it.
And just in case anyone asks, no I’m not Cambodian. (I asked about this name last night on another board and got many people asking if I was Cambodian, so I just wanted to clear that up.)

I like it. It sounds like [name]Chandler[/name] and [name]Hillary[/name] combined, so not too “foreign” in my opinion…

I like some names that sound way more “foreign” or are a lot harder to spell. Without knowing, I’d assume it was an English last name.

I think Channary is really beautiful! Not completely my style, so I wouldn’t use it, but pretty nonetheless!

I quite like the name Channary - it has a soft sound and exotic flair. Other lovely Cambodian names I know of are Chantrea, Sopheary, Kalliyan and Kannitha.

I actually have met a few Channary”s. My husband is Cambodian and has a large family and lots of friends so I”ve been able to hear a lot of different Cambodian names. Channary is a pretty name. It”s different without being too out there.

I love it! She’s a character in my story. I chose it especially for the meaning. It kind of reminds of the bird, canary.