Can Leo stand alone?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I love the name [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] mostly because it is so long and extravagant. I guess [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] could work, but I don’t like that much either. Anyways, I was wondering if you think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] could stand on its own without it being considered a nickname name. Thanks!

I definitely think it can stand on it’s own! [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] is another option though?

I agree with pp, it’s definitely able to stand alone! [name_m]Leon[/name_m] is another option, but my fave is [name_m]Leopold[/name_m].

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] as a standalone is more popular than any longer [name_m]Leo[/name_m]- name, so I think the general consensus is an overwhelming YES. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is a lovely, strong, lively choice and doesn’t feel at all “nicknamey” to me.

Definitely. Why give your kid a name you don’t like when he’ll be called [name_m]Leo[/name_m] anyway.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] can definitely stand on it’s own. If you will be calling him [name_m]Leo[/name_m], use [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. No need to use a name that you do not care for or adore.