Can Livvy Stand on Its Own?

See the results of this poll: Can Livvy stand on its own?

Respondents: 14 (This poll is closed)

• No, it should only be used as a nickname.: 10 (71%)
  • Yes it can!: 4 (29%)

What about using it as a nn for [name]Olive[/name]?

[name]Olive[/name] isn’t really my style, but thanks for the suggestion! I’ve been trying to come up with other names it can be a nickname for, but all I have is [name]Livia[/name] (which my mother hates) and Liviana (which I fear sounds a bit made up.)

Liviana does sound a bit made up–but [name]Lavinia[/name] is a real name that could have the nn [name]Livvy[/name] (do you really love the two V’s? Because people on this site tend not to like such things and might try to talk you out of it.)

Personally I think it sounds a bit childish. I can’t imagine [name]Livvy[/name] on a 45 year old, and I think [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Livia[/name], Liviana and even [name]Liv[/name] are far more elegant sounding, though they’re all great names.

I’m struggling with whether or not I should just use it as a nickname for Olivia…but then I feel it will have lost all it’s uniqueness, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

I think if it’s a unique name you’re after, though, you should consider a different name. [name]Every[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] I’ve ever met has responded to [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Livvy[/name], so I really don’t think it’s particularly unique.

If you love the feeling of [name]Livvy[/name], i would personally use [name]Liv[/name] on the bc and use [name]Livvy[/name] as her nickname. That way, it can transition from the 4 year old “[name]Livvy[/name]” to the 44 year old “[name]Liv[/name]”!

I personally love [name]Liv[/name] on it’s own, and wouldn’t feel compelled to loose its uniqueness by using [name]Olivia[/name]. Another name that could use the [name]Livvy[/name]/[name]Liv[/name] nn is Lively, but its a big name to handle - yet something draws me to it!

hope this helps!

I like the name [name]Liv[/name] w nn livvy. However, as other posters pointed out, with the soaring popularity of [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Liv[/name] has now become so common. If you want something different I would go w another name.