Can Lulu stand alone?

I recently discovered [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] and I am in love with it but I don’t know if I should only use it as a nickname if it could be used as a given name. I already know to many Lucys and Lucilles to use those for given names but I can’t think of many other names that would make sense with [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]. Ideas?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] can absolutely stand alone! There’s so many names it could be a nickname for, though, if you’d rather have it as one.

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lourdes[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucerne[/name_f]
[name_f]Fionnula[/name_f]

*i meant it can stand alone

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nickname. I love the suggestions of [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f].

I would only use it as a nickname. I can’t imagine an adult named [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], sorry.

What about:
[name_f]Lua[/name_f]/ [name_f]Luana[/name_f]/ Luara
[name_f]Alouette[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]

I definitely think it needs a full form.

Wouldn’t do it, but that’s me. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it can. I can’t see it on an adult or a resume or in any professional setting. I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] or [name_f]Luella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Luella[/name_f]!

Lulu is lovely and i think it could stand alone. I knew a [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]!

Tallulah, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilou[/name_f] could be full names

Me too!! I love [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]!!

Seconding suggestions of [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Luella[/name_f] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would personally think of something longer. Or even use [name_u]Lou[/name_u] as a stand alone. It was a popular name for women back in the day. I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be a unique way to get to [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]. Or [name_f]Luna[/name_f]!

Tbh, it’s a little cutesy. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t get me wrong: I like [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nickname – it’s adorable! But I think the lack of options might be difficult for someone with the name. She might wish she had something a little more formal to go by as an adult, more so than a [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or [name_f]Edie[/name_f] because the sounds of those nicknames are more grounded and less cutesy, imho.

So, while [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] could technically stand alone, I’d recommend something a little less nickname-y. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Lula[/name_f] or [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]? [name_f]Luisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Luella[/name_f] could also work, and [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Please don’t. I can guarantee that kids may call her loopy or such. Also [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] will go out of style in 20 yrs. Would choose a more formal name such as [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and nn her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f].

I love it! I love [name_f]Lula[/name_f] too x

I think it’s a little too short to be used as a full name tbh. I feel like previous posters have touched on a lot of great full name options but I recently read a book with a main character named [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] “[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]” so I wanted to throw that out as well!

I think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] isn’t cut out to be a name in itself.
However, I think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] can be a nickname for almost any L name you’d like, or any name with L as the start of the second syllable.

my sisters name is lulu just by itself and shes always been fine, no ones ever said anything bad about it!

1 Like