Can Pascal be female?

Can it? I think it would be cute. I know there’s [name_u]Pascale[/name_u], but I can’t figure out how to pronounce that. Does anyone know?

1 Like

I had a friend at uni called [name_u]Pascale[/name_u]. She pronounced it Pass-cal.

2 Likes

I’ve heard [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] pronounced the same way as [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], as well as something that was vaguely like pas-car-luh - definitely emphasis on the e on the end. Not sure which is the 'correct’or more common pronunciation as it’s a name I’ve rarely come across

1 Like

I think [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] are pronounced pretty much the same way? Either way, I don’t think in real like the ‘e’ makes much difference to most people, so [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] on a girl would be fine.

1 Like

Pascale and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] are pronounced the same way. [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] is the female version and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] the male version.

2 Likes

okkkkk I was thinking about this a bit ago. I love [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] and for a girl it would be sooo cute!

I believe [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] is just pronounced lik [name_u]Pascale[/name_u], but I don’t know. There is a wonderful acto (female) named [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] [name_u]Hutton[/name_u].

I think it’s fine to just spell it [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] but [name_f]Pascalle[/name_f] could work too.

1 Like

Yes!!! [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]/Pascale is one of my favourite girl names. In fact, the only Pascales I know are both female.

1 Like

Pascale and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] are pronounced the same as far as i know, [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] just looks more feminine

1 Like

Ditto this. I love this name.

1 Like

I’ve met a girl named [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] who pronounced it just like [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]!

1 Like

My sister’s mn is [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] pronounced Pas - CARL (like the [name_u]French[/name_u] would say)

1 Like

I’ve always heard:

Pascal = pass-kuhl
[name_u]Pascale[/name_u] = pass-CAL (like [name_m]Calvin[/name_m])

Pascal seems pretty masculine to me, but with the similar forms I can see how others would consider [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] on a girl? I just think [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] sounds prettier (or my all-time favorite [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]- form, the over-the-top Italian Pasqualina! lol).

Good luck!

1 Like

I love this name. I always thought [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] and [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] were pronounced the same way but not sure!

1 Like

I also pronounce them the same way!

1 Like

I pronounce them basically the same too: pass-CAL. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name for either sex! It’s so underappreciated. I’d use the [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] spelling for a girl.

1 Like

The only [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] I’ve ever met in real life was female, so definitely good for a girl name! I also would pronounce both pass-cal.

1 Like

My husband had an aunt named Paschalle, pronounced pass-CAL, I don’t know why there’s the small spelling difference, but I’ve also seen a few male Paschals here in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f].

1 Like

They are pronounced the same. There’s also [name_f]Pascalle[/name_f]

1 Like

I think it works and I would pronounce it the same as [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]. The nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] definitely gives it a modern feel as well!!

1 Like

If I saw it spelled with an e, I’d say pas-cal-aa

1 Like