Can someone explain the NameBerry "lingo"

I am brand new to nameberry and I am having a hard time with reading some blogs. They have lingo like DH, which I have been able to determine it has something to with the husband? But what does TCC mean DD2? Im so confused! There are other ones I cant think of that are commonly used. Is there a special page that has this info on it?

Thanks so much to whoever helps me figure this out! :smiley:

DH/DW/DS/DD ā€“ Dear husband/wife/son/daughter
TTC ā€“ trying to conceive
[name]IMO[/name] ā€“ In my opinion
IMHO ā€“ in my honest opinion
NMS ā€“ not my style
FWIW ā€“ For what itā€™s worth

If I missed something someone will chime in. :slight_smile:

PP: Previous Poster

First off, welcome!

Babycenter has a pretty comprehensive list of acronyms that pop up on there, obviously some of these rarely if ever show up on nameberry (or only occasionally over on the momberry boards) but I found it really helpful when I was trying to figure out DPO (days past ovulation), POAS (pee on a stick, of course), BFP (big fat positive) etcā€¦

Oh! And [name]TIA[/name]ā€¦for the longest time I didnā€™t get ā€œThanks in Advanceā€ and thought people were signing their name at the end of their post and we just happened to have more than one [name]Tia[/name] on here!

The first time I came across DH (on a different site), I didnā€™t get it either. I think I looked it up on urbandictionary, as I do with just about any slang I come across these days. By the time I got on here, knowing DH, it wasnā€™t hard to figure out DD and DS. TTC I think I figured out from context clues, but [name]IMO[/name] and NMS were a little tougher.

[name]Welcome[/name] and I hope your experience is a little easier with some of the most-used abbreviations covered. I wouldnā€™t have had the good sense to ask.

Iā€™m not sure nameberry has any unique abbreviations (do we?); most of these are fairly well-used across the internet.

I swear I have seen OH on here and I donā€™t know what that means. Overbearing husband? :slight_smile:

@linksa- I did the same thing with ā€œ[name]TIA[/name]ā€!

At first I got confused by mn and nn (middle name and nickname)
I have also seen LO which I think means little one?

I think OH means other half?

OH - other half
SO- Significant other
NTNP- Not trying, not preventing (mainly on the momberries board)

Most are used in other forums, but something like TTC Iā€™d of course never come across before getting on here because I had no reason to be on any mommy forums until recently. DH etc. I had seen elsewhere though.

This was all very very helpful! I understand more now! Thanks guys! I feel all in the loop now haha =)

[QUOTE=lineska;1693739

Oh! And [name]TIA[/name]ā€¦for the longest time I didnā€™t get ā€œThanks in Advanceā€ and thought people were signing their name at the end of their post and we just happened to have more than one [name]Tia[/name] on here![/QUOTE]

I always find this funny because to me it will always mean ā€œThis Is [name]Africa[/name]ā€.

Iā€™ve never seen ā€œNMSā€ outside of nameberry.