Can’t decide between these names! Help please?

So we are expecting a baby boy in [name_u]August[/name_u]! We already have a 3 year old daughter called [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and so are looking for something to go with that - except we’re finding boy names a lot harder!!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] current list is -
[name_m]Wilf[/name_m]
[name_m]Todd[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Cecil[/name_u]
And we would of had [name_m]Ted[/name_m] on there, except our last name is [name_u]Baker[/name_u] lol!

Thoughts on these names? Any more suggestions?
Thank you :smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list is [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

Other ideas:

[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

Congratulations!
And I love love love Mabel!!
I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] fits the best and is my fav from your list!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are a lovely pair! I also like [name_m]Wilf[/name_m], it’s a name I’ve been thinking about lately & I’d probably go with [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wilf[/name_m].

[name_u]Jett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Saul[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

[name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be my second pick!!

I’ll throw in:

[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Geordie[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is great, but so used.

[name_m]Todd[/name_m] doesn’t seem ready for resurrection to me.

I really like [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

What about [name_u]August[/name_u] for your boy born in [name_u]August[/name_u]? :white_heart: I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] best from your list.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is the perfect choice from your list!

[name_m]Todd[/name_m] is one of my absolute favorite names! It is gentle and sweet, but still works well for an adult! The cozy feeling of [name_m]Todd[/name_m] goes perfectly with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. :pleading_face: I also think the name [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] is very handsome.

1 Like

Hey! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites on your list are [name_m]Todd[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u], though [name_m]Todd[/name_m] does not sound great with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] imo. I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. Here are some more ideas in case you need them:
-Linus
-Elliott
-August ( nn Gus/Auggie) (though it would be kind of ironic based on your due date)
-Alex (could be short for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], though it’s also cute as a standalone name)
-Calvin
-Franklin (Frank, [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], Linnie; there are so many great nns that go with this!)
-Charley
-Samuel (nn Sam/Sammy) (rhymes with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] if you’re into that sort of thing)
-Leon

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps xo -Jane

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] (my son’s name :blush:) and [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] are brilliant and go so well with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]! I’d provably go with [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] though. Some other names you might consider are:

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Ames[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]

Congratulations :blue_heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts on your current list

[name_m]Wilf[/name_m] ~ this is a sweet vintage nickname choice that works well with [name_f]Mable[/name_f]. I do prefer as a nickname for [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]. Honestly [name_f]Mable[/name_f] & [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] would be gorgeous together but [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] does work as well.

[name_m]Todd[/name_m] ~ personally I think [name_m]Todd[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] is too similar to [name_m]Ted[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] and [name_m]Ted[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] is also a no in my eyes

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] ~ my favourite! [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is gorgeous such a handsome name really spunky and handsome. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is so lovely especially [name_f]Mable[/name_f].

[name_u]Cecil[/name_u] ~ an unexpected choice that feels cool next to [name_f]Mable[/name_f]. I like the overall vibe.

Suggestions…

[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Kasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

i love jude with mabel! wilf reminds me of milf, which could be problematic, especially once he’s a teen

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is perfect. Use that.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

I do however like the vibe of [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

I second this!!