Can’t decide between these names! Help please?

So we are expecting a baby boy in [name_u]August[/name_u]! We already have a 3 year old daughter called [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and so are looking for something to go with that - except we’re finding boy names a lot harder!!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] current list is -
[name_m]Wilf[/name_m]
[name_m]Todd[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Cecil[/name_u]
And we would of had [name_m]Ted[/name_m] on there, except our last name is [name_u]Baker[/name_u] lol!

Thoughts on these names? Any more suggestions?
Thank you :smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list is [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

Other ideas:

[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

Congratulations!
And I love love love Mabel!!
I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] fits the best and is my fav from your list!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are a lovely pair! I also like [name_m]Wilf[/name_m], it’s a name I’ve been thinking about lately & I’d probably go with [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wilf[/name_m].

[name_u]Jett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Saul[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

[name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be my second pick!!

I’ll throw in:

[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Geordie[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is great, but so used.

[name_m]Todd[/name_m] doesn’t seem ready for resurrection to me.

I really like [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

What about [name_u]August[/name_u] for your boy born in [name_u]August[/name_u]? :white_heart: I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] best from your list.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is the perfect choice from your list!

Todd is one of my absolute favorite names! It is gentle and sweet, but still works well for an adult! The cozy feeling of Todd goes perfectly with Mabel. :pleading_face: I also think the name Cecil is very handsome.

1 Like

Hey! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites on your list are [name_m]Todd[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u], though [name_m]Todd[/name_m] does not sound great with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] imo. I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. Here are some more ideas in case you need them:
-Linus
-Elliott
-August ( nn Gus/Auggie) (though it would be kind of ironic based on your due date)
-Alex (could be short for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], though it’s also cute as a standalone name)
-Calvin
-Franklin (Frank, [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], Linnie; there are so many great nns that go with this!)
-Charley
-Samuel (nn Sam/Sammy) (rhymes with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] if you’re into that sort of thing)
-Leon

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps xo -Jane

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] (my son’s name :blush:) and [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] are brilliant and go so well with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]! I’d provably go with [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] though. Some other names you might consider are:

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Ames[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]

Congratulations :blue_heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts on your current list

[name_m]Wilf[/name_m] ~ this is a sweet vintage nickname choice that works well with [name_f]Mable[/name_f]. I do prefer as a nickname for [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]. Honestly [name_f]Mable[/name_f] & [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] would be gorgeous together but [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] does work as well.

[name_m]Todd[/name_m] ~ personally I think [name_m]Todd[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] is too similar to [name_m]Ted[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] and [name_m]Ted[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] is also a no in my eyes

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] ~ my favourite! [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is gorgeous such a handsome name really spunky and handsome. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is so lovely especially [name_f]Mable[/name_f].

[name_u]Cecil[/name_u] ~ an unexpected choice that feels cool next to [name_f]Mable[/name_f]. I like the overall vibe.

Suggestions…

[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Kasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

i love jude with mabel! wilf reminds me of milf, which could be problematic, especially once he’s a teen

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is perfect. Use that.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

I do however like the vibe of [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

I second this!!