Can’t decide on a name for my daughter!

I am having my second daughter in 3 days and cannot decide on her name. Would love to hear thoughts on the options we have narrowed it down to…

Annalise
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Middle name will be [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] after my late mother. Last name is easy to pair with so not really a factor. I want something classic (but not popular) and flowing but that can have an easy nickname.

My older daughter is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] ([name_u]Josie[/name_u]).

Thank you!!

4 Likes

I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] sound best with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]. I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] but I don’t know how [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] sounds together. [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] are just nms, but they’re still good.

Francesca could go by [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_f]Franny[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] could go by [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_f]Juju[/name_f], etc

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], welcome!!

I absolutely adore all of your options, the only two I forsee a problem with is [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] & [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f], as the L’s seem to run into each other a bit. But it’s such a minor issue, and they are gorgeous names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote based on that would have to be for the equally lovely [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], or [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] :slight_smile: None of these are too popular and all classic!

I loooove [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]! [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] and Joesphine [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] sound perfect together :slight_smile:

You have a beautiful list of names so whichever one you choose, she will have a lovely name. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and I like the potential nickname options over the others.

welcome to nameberry! with your options, i think juliet lynne or francesca lynne flow the best, and of those two, juliet goes best with josephine!

1 Like

I don’t think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] works, unless you are interested in starting a theme with [name_u]Josie[/name_u]’s name. :slight_smile: The ending are pretty similar, if it isn’t obvious already.

1 Like

Juliet [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] sound great :blush: I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f].

Hi there.

Love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! You’ve done a great job there.

Here are my thoughts for a little sister:

Annalise-I don’t mind it. I kind of prefer [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]. Then there’s also [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. And [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]. The fact that it has so many spellings could possibly get annoying. [name_u]Josie[/name_u] & [name_f]Annie[/name_f] would be adorable for sisters though.

Camilla-I like this a lot. It’s smart & feminine but not frilly. It goes nicely w/Josephine too. I like the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f] a lot. Especially w/Josie. Apparently [name_f]Camila[/name_f] (this spelling…there we go w/spellings again!) is kind of popular.

Emmeline-That’s pretty. Sometimes it’s spelled [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f], but I think that [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] looks much nicer. I’m not huge on [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] personally, but it’s fine. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] & [name_f]Emily[/name_f] are kind of popular, but I guess not [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] actually is very common.

Francesca-This is bold & gorgeous & fits your criteria the best. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nns [name_f]Franny[/name_f] & [name_f]Francie[/name_f].

Juliet-This is beautiful. A great balance of romantic & dramatic, but still soft & sweet. Unless it was your absolute hands down favorite, I wouldn’t do two 'J’s. Not a deal breaker, just something to consider. And the nn [name_u]Julie[/name_u] is not my cup of tea. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it? It’s kind of different, I guess.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

my favourite choice for you is either camilla (cammie or millie) or francesca (frankie)

both are just darling with josie!

My pick is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. Style wise it meshes very well with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and sounds great with [name_f]Lynne[/name_f].

I will say when I had my last and we didn’t know gender I had [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] (that exact spelling) on my list I handed to my hubby and he vetoed it on the basis that he said all he saw was the word Anal. So just an FYI there’s that possibility others will be the same if you go for that one…

Congratulations and welcome to Nameberry💜

I do like [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] but like others have said just don’t have a great flow with [name_f]Lynne[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]! It’s easily recognized but not something you hear all the time. And it fits so well with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_u]Frannie[/name_u] would be so cute with [name_u]Josie[/name_u] :blush:
Good luck!

What about Annalynne for first?

Josephine is a beautiful name! I like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] for her sister :slight_smile:

My personal favourite from your list is the beautiful [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]! An easy nickname could be [name_f]Milla[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] or [name_f]Cammie[/name_f]. The other names from your list would be wonderful for your second daughter as well.

i really love francesca lynne - it has the best flow and great nickname potential :relaxed:

1 Like

What a lovely set! With [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], I think my favourite is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] flow the best

I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] go so well together! That is definitely my pick for you

Francesca [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] is my favorite! [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] would be my second favorite.

I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] pair so well together!

1 Like

Francesca and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sound lovely together

1 Like