Can’t edit posts?

I’m somewhat new here, and in asking for advice, I shared personal information that I had assumed I could remove later, once my questions were answered.

However, I can’t seem to edit my past posts to remove this information. Am I missing something somewhere? Any help is appreciated as I learn to navigate the site!

There should be something like this at the bottom of every one of your posts (whether it’s a topic or comment), and you just click the edit button (which I’ve circled), edit what you want, and then click the save button.

If you’d like to delete the whole thing, click the little three horizontal dots, and more options will appear. Just click the trashcan button which I’ve circled, and you should be able to delete it (if it’s a comment. Topics have different rules (as I’ve just found out while trying to make sure my info was right lol))

Hope this helps :))

1 Like

Have you figured it out, or do you still need help?:blush:

If you’re quite new to the site, it may be that you haven’t yet reached the [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level required to edit posts.

There are some safeguards baked into the platform to protect against spam accounts editing links into originally innocuous posts later.

However, I’d be more than happy to edit or remove a post for you if you either link it below, flag it or send to me via private message.

Maybe not exactly OP’s problem, but I will say lately I’ve also had issues with editing posts? I will edit them, they will show up different for me, and then when I refresh the page the edit will be gone. If I edit it a second time it’ll usually be fine. Not sure why it does that.

1 Like

It does that for me sometimes as well. It seems to be a wider Discourse issue or perhaps to do with server load at certain times.

1 Like

I am having the same issue of not being able to delete/modify a previous post for some personal info in there. It was my first post. [name_m]Can[/name_m] someone please help? It doesn’t give me the option to edit.

Thank you

If you PM me with a link and explain what you’d like edited, I can do that for you. There’s a time limit on post edits depending on your [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level.