Can this name grow?

What do you think of the name Addox? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think this could be a grown mans name one day? What about the spelling?

I know it’s a created name, but just curious on what everyone’s thoughts are about it.

It makes me think of Appomattox.

I don’t think so, sorry.

It makes me think of an addax, a type of antelope that lives in the [name_f]Sahara[/name_f].

Looks like a typo of [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]. Also, like it could be a computer program. [name_m]Ad[/name_m] Dox?

It doesn’t really sound like a name at all, sorry. I also thought it looked like a typo of [name_m]Maddox[/name_m].

I think it could grow up well.

I don’t think it could ever be a decent name, sorry. I don’t like names that end in -x anyway. But on top of that, Addox sounds like someone misunderstood [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]. I also sounds like a computer program, or a brand of shoes or toys or something.

I mean, theoretically, yes, I could see it in an adult, but I agree that it looks like [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]. (Plus, [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] is my name, and I love it. )

I’m not fond of it. Partly because, as others have said, it seems like a chopped-up version of [name_m]Maddox[/name_m], and partly because it feels clinical and cold. It has potential, but I much prefer [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] for its warmth and history.

Agree that I much prefer [name_m]Maddox[/name_m], but I think some of the pps have been a little harsh about the wearability of Addox. It’s not a traditional name, but it definitely sounds “namelike”, if that makes sense.

It feels very current, what with the trend for invented names, the letter X, and big, bold names for boys at the moment - whether that’s a good or a bad thing is up to you (a very trendy/current name could date quite heavily over time).

I don’t think there will be much love for Addox on this forum because users here tend to prefer more traditional, timeless names, or at least well-established names, but I suspect that “in the real world” reactions to it would be much more favourable.

I agree that the responses on this forum aren’t really an accurate representation of how a name will be received. It’s definitely wearable in the real world, and there will probably be many compliments on it. It has the advantages of being trendy and probably having few issues with pronunciation. For my personal style it feels like the name is missing something, but nevertheless I like it and think someone could definitely grow with it.

This sums up my opinion as well. I think Addox could definitely work if you love it enough.

I mostly agree with this. Addox does feel namelike to me - I could definitely imagine it having been used as a name 100 years ago and lost since then. To answer your question, it doesn’t feel juvenile to me, so I could see it growing up. I don’t love it, but I could see it being used as a name.

Thanks for the open mind of possibility. I didn’t expect it to be loved all around because not everyone has the same taste. I like the sound of this name, truly. My concern was definitely would my son be 30 and feel good about having this kind of name? Opposed to [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]…or [name_m]Liam[/name_m] type names.
I was questioning the spelling and whether or not it should be one d or should it be a different letter than o. Either way i appreciate the feedback.

Won’t age well