Can Viv stand alone?

I love short and spunky names and gravitate to nicknames. [name]Viv[/name] seems like it could easily stand alone, but im surprised ive never heard of it before.

hmm, I think in your sib set it could definitely work. I couldn’t do it myself, it just feels incomplete to me. I do love it as a nn for [name]Vivienne[/name] though! You could use [name]Viv[/name] all the time, even introduce her as such, but at least she would have the full version if she ever wanted.

I agree that it feels a little incomplete. I want to like it, since it seems to have that short-and-sweet, semi-nicknameish feel that [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] have (especially [name]Tess[/name]), but it just doesn’t seem complete enough for me. It feels sort of similar to [name]Liv[/name], [name]Eve[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name], which are all full names on their own, and I think those stand on their own fine, but [name]Viv[/name] just doesn’t work as well, for me. :frowning: Sorry.

It can if spelt Vvyyyiiivv

I like a lot of short names but this one lacks something for me. What about [name]Viva[/name], [name]Viveca[/name] or [name]Aviva[/name] as an alternative that could still use [name]Viv[/name] as a NN?

I like [name]Viv[/name] by itself a little, but I would prefer [name]Livia[/name] nickname [name]Viv[/name].

Would you like some longer versions?

[name]Viva[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name] :: I thought both these suggestions were both quite nice

[name]Vivia[/name] :: This one is quite lovely
Vivina
[name]Vivienne[/name]

I always think abbout Viviienne whenever I heard [name]Viv[/name]. So no, it’s feels too incomplete to stand alone.