Can we please have a birth announcement section?

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Pam[/name], [name]Linda[/name] and team

Would you please consider granting this request?

I wonder if others feel the same as I do. I would really like to see a birth announcement section so that all our mothers have a special spot to announce the births of their babies.

We follow the name trail for months and we love to see the names that the parents end up giving their children and we also like to give them our congratulations.

Mothers would you be interested in such a section?

The baby announcement section that I am dreaming about would be exclusively for birth announcements and preferably I would like to see it at the top of the list in the Name Talk section.

[name]Hope[/name] that you don’t mind me asking.

[name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name]

I’ll second this request! What a great idea.

[name]Rollo[/name] - there is one, but it really isn’t used very much. I think because it is at the very bottom of the “name talk” page.

I am confused because since the new format here I only have three sections that show up on the Name Talk forum, not the one that you refer to.

Maybe we could give the section a revamp and bring it to the top of the Name Talk forum list?

Anyway why doesn’t it show up on my computer? Very confused.

Does anyone else only have the three sections showing on their Name Talk page?

I am confused because since the new format here I only have three sections that show up on the Name Talk forum, not the one that you refer to.

Maybe we could give the section a revamp and bring it to the top of the Name Talk forum list?

Does anyone else only have the three sections showing on their Name Talk page?[/quote]

There are nine sections in all–they are just interspersed with ads between every three sections in the new format. Scroll all the way down, past the ads, and you’ll see the other six.
Anyway, there is a birth announcement section, the very last one on the list. It’s called “Tell Us What You Named Your [name]Baby[/name]” and it is a bit of a “secret”, with only three pages of discussion. I do really like it and I would like to see it more widely used. :slight_smile:

Does anyone else only have the three sections showing on their Name Talk page?[/quote]

There are nine sections in all–they are just interspersed with ads between every three sections in the new format. Scroll all the way down, past the ads, and you’ll see the other six.
Anyway, there is a birth announcement section, the very last one on the list. It’s called “Tell Us What You Named Your [name]Baby[/name]” and it is a bit of a “secret”, with only three pages of discussion. I do really like it and I would like to see it more widely used. :)[/quote]

[name]Bingo[/name]! I have found it, I agree with you it is a kind of secret. Can we have it up the top please?

Maybe if it was called “birth announcements” instead of “tell us what you names your baby” it would be used more. I was a little confused by that forum as there was birth announcements as well as people just listing there older childrens names. So maybe keep thats section and add “birth announcements”? [name]Just[/name] a thought.

I agree we should hae a birth announcement section. We can keep the “tell us what you named your baby” section, but honestly that has become more of a “this is what i named my child and why” section more then a i just gave birth section. That way we could have the “what names are you considering for your baby” section, for general discussions about possible names, typically not linked to a specific gender, the boys and girls names sections for suggestions and advice on names of a certain sex, the “talk about names section” for the fun conversations and basic question, sibling section for sibling sibset matching advice, the games sections for (shocker!) games! lol, the celebtiry names for celebrity birth announcements and discussions and then add a new section called “birth announcments” for people to talk about having their babies. I think that would be cool and fun:)

OK, everybody, I hear you! I changed the title of the last forum to Birth Announcements, which is a great idea. People can also write their name stories there. Thanks!

awesome thanks:)

Thanks [name]Pam[/name]!