Can we use the name Rocco with our last name?

We love the name [name]Rocco[/name] for a boy but our last name is Creaco. Is it ok that it rhymes? We were thinking his full name would be [name]Rocco[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] Creaco. Nicknames, [name]Rocky[/name], [name]Roc[/name] or RJ. What do you think?

[name]Rocco[/name] Creaco is matchy and sing songy isn’t it?

It is not awful but I think you could find a better solution.

Would [name]Richard[/name] Creaco nn [name]Rocco[/name] work for you?

I’m definitely against first names that rhyme with last names!
I liked the suggestion of [name]Richard[/name] as a given name and [name]Rocco[/name] as a nn.
Good luck!

I would avoid nicknames, formal names and middle names that end in “co” or even “o”. Sorry, but I think it’s for the best.

Here are some names that sound great with your last name:

[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Gianni[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Colin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Topher[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

[name]Rocco[/name] Creaco rhymes? I was going to pronounce your last name as CREAK-co, not CROC-co - sorry!

Anyway, what gets me about this name is the repetitive hard C sound - it sounds harsh and ruins the flow.

What about [name]Milo[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Desi[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] WITH YOUR LAST NAME!), [name]Jesse[/name], [name]Zander[/name], or [name]Vaughn[/name]? Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Rocco[/name] doesn’t work with your last name because of the K sounds and the matching O endings.

Names that remind me of [name]Rocco[/name]:

[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

[name]Raymond[/name] also comes to mind…

In addition to [name]Richard[/name], another source of a [name]Rocco[/name] nickname could be [name]Robert[/name].

(Sorry for any repeats!)

Good luck! :slight_smile: