Can you fix Daniel John?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

We have agreed on [name_m]John[/name_m] (if we have a boy) as either mn or fn - but probably middle as hubby isn’t a huge fan of [name_m]Johnny[/name_m] (which I love).

We both like the name [name_m]Dan[/name_m] or [name_u]Danny[/name_u] but in keeping with our other childrens names and to give flexibility would use a formal name - [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

My only hesitation is that I don’t like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]. I just think it is such a common combination and makes me fear the use of DJ as a nn. One possibility is to use another mn as well. I like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] which is a family name but my hubby thinks it is ‘girly’ (I know!). Can you think of any combinations of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ---- [name_m]John[/name_m], or [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] ----, or perhaps [name_m]Dan[/name_m] ---- [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Dan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] ----?

Obviously I like the classics and popularity isn’t an issue for me.

I like [name_m]John[/name_m] ahead of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ([name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] --), and it’s traditional in both German & [name_m]French[/name_m] to have [name_m]John[/name_m] ([name_u]Jean[/name_u]/[name_m]Johan[/name_m]) as the first formal name, but go by the middle name. I have entire families in my ancestry with all boys sharing the name [name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_m]Johan[/name_m] w/varying middle names. (e.g., [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] went by [name_m]Silas[/name_m]) I like [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m], etc.

I like the idea of [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ____ (it flows the best), if you aren’t opposed to him going by a middle.

[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Tucker[/name_m]

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Booker[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Neander[/name_m]

Have you already considered less conventional ways to [name_m]Dan[/name_m]/[name_u]Danny[/name_u]? I know a couple who wanted the nn [name_u]Danny[/name_u] for their daughter but instead of the obvious, [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], they chose [name_f]Deandra[/name_f]

Audan/[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Camden[/name_u]
Dannon
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_m]Boden[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Marsden[/name_m]
[name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]/[name_m]Lyndon[/name_m]
[name_m]Braden[/name_m]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Ardan[/name_m]/[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_m]Gordan[/name_m]
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m]

I would go with a more unusual choice to get the nn [name_u]Danny[/name_u], something like…

[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Dano[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] (I love this one, but it might be too feminine looking for an American boy?)
[name_m]Dante[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Danton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Haddan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Haidan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Haldan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Idan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Sheldan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Roldan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Loudan[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

In my country (holland) [name_m]Daan[/name_m] is a top10 name. Pronounce like: Daaaaa-hn.
People like it because it’s close to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], it’s short and masculine. I guess in English you’d get… [name_u]Dean[/name_u]?

I really like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] for a first name. I am not a fan of 3 names personally. I also don’t think [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] sounds bad at all, but I understand things not sounding/feeling “right.”

Have you considered [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]?

You could use [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] as a double barrel name where is a common practice here in the south.

[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] is great! I also like Roxanne33’s suggestion of [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jon[/name_m]. Have you ever thought [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] on [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]?

I love the name [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and think nickname [name_u]Danny[/name_u] is so cute! I think [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] is a great name but can understand your feeling that it’s a little too common. I also love [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] as a double barrel name.