Can you get "Leo" from "Lennon"?

Can you get the name [name_m]Leo[/name_m] from [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]? Or is that too out there?

I think it’s a bit of a stretch personally.

1 Like

It’s a stretch.

1 Like

It’s a stretch, but I suppose it could work.

1 Like

The letters are all there so why not? I think it’d work. No different than getting [name_m]Ned[/name_m] from [name_m]Edward[/name_m] in my opinion

6 Likes

I think nicknames can really be anything, there’s no reason you couldn’t call your little [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Leo[/name_m]’. But you’d probably have to accept that once they hit school/teens/independence etc that peers will most likely go with [name_u]Lenny[/name_u] or similar.

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like too much of a stretch for me! The letters are there! I agree, it’s no different than names like [name_m]Ned[/name_m]/Teddy for [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Chuck[/name_m] for [name_m]Charles[/name_m], etc (and in those cases, not all of the letters are even there!)!! I wouldn’t be surprised meeting a [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] nicknamed [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

I think it might be a bit of a stretch but not completely out there ( the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has nicknames like [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f]). I personally don’t love nns that aren’t super intuitive (but that’s just a personal preference).

It’s a stretch in all honesty

It’s creative but could definitely work!

Yes, why not? They’re different but I believe it works.

Yes! It works well xx

I don’t think that it’s impossible to get [name_m]Leo[/name_m] from [name_u]Lennon[/name_u], but it’s much more of a stretch than [name_m]Ned[/name_m] from [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] changes the sound that [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]’s e makes into a long vowel. [name_m]Ned[/name_m] comes from people referring to [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/Edwin/Edmund/etc as “mine ed” which then became “my [name_m]Ned[/name_m]” and then just “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]”. Same story for [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] (mine [name_u]Anne[/name_u]) and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] (mine [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Eloise/Ellen/etc)!