Can you name your baby the same name as your boss’s daughter?

We love the name [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. However it is my boss”s daughters name! Is this too weird to name our baby? [name_f]My[/name_f] boss’s daughter is about 16 so they won’t be close in age. However they do mention her every now and then at break times

1 Like

I don’t think it would be weird, there is a big age difference and it’s not a super unfamiliar name.

3 Likes

I doubt your boss will be in your life forever. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if he were, I think it’s fine!

3 Likes

Should be fine! It might be strange if [name_f]Summer[/name_f] were a very rare name but its not.

Definitely not weird. It’s not like your boss is a significant, permanent part of your life; and they definitely won’t be playmates or something.

2 Likes

Unless you have a very personal relationship with your boss outside of work I think it’s totally fine. Your work relationships shouldn’t really affect a life decision as big as naming your child.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s weird at all since they aren’t close in age. :sparkling_heart:

I think since they’re so different in age, it’s fine

It’s fine and actually, she/he will probably consider it a compliment interrupting it as obviously you love the name they chose!

1 Like

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] is a beautiful name

I don’t think it’s weird, it’s not like they will likely ever meet but it’s not something I personally would do.

I don’t think this would be weird at all! Definitely a situation where it’ll only be weird if you make it weird.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine

Not at all! You can even mention that your boss has great taste :wink:

Thanks. If you had another name you also liked would you go with that instead?

No not at all! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name summer by the way. But if your thinking this much into it it might mean that you’re not actually sure if you love it or not? [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe you just really want the perfect name :blush: hope this helps

1 Like

It’s not weird at all, the girl is already a teenager and she is not a member of your family.

I agree with the berries not strange at all. Your boss most likely isn’t a permanent fixture in your life, your baby & your boss daughter have a huge age gap and [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is a very popular choice. I say go for it and as others have said if it’s mentioned just say your boss has fabulous taste!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your reassurance! It appears as though it’s not frowned upon as all to use this name in my situation- and as you said even if there is a reaction it will go away! I will be at home on maternity leave when the name gets released anyway. Thanks so much everyone xx