Can you rank my top 5 names?

[name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]Leo[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] from best to worst? What are your initial impressions of these names?

2 Likes

julian
henry
matthew
leo
benjamin

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]- I love it, classic and refreshing.
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]- Popular but cute! Almost too cute but still my second favourite.
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]- I love! But quite short so prefer [name_m]Leon[/name_m].
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]- I like it but [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is very neutral to me.
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]- Also nice enough but I don’t connect with [name_m]Matt[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

They’re all pretty solid boy names! Not my style, but they’re nice :slight_smile: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] is quite dated to me, but the others feel pretty classic (maybe with the exception of [name_u]Leo[/name_u] being rather trendy right now).

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] – gentle and sophisticated
[name_u]Leo[/name_u] – short and sweet, though quite common
[name_u]Henry[/name_u] – sweet and friendly, somewhat trendy
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] – strong classic, but not overly exciting
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] – fine, but dated and lacklustre

1 Like

favourite to least:

henry
matthew
benjamin
leo
julian

1 Like

[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]

1 Like

From fave to least fave…

1. Henry (:heart_eyes: - this is my favorite boys’ name!)
  2. Benjamin
  3. Julian
  4. Matthew
  5. Leo
1 Like
  1. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
1 Like
  1. [name_u]Leo[/name_u] (if pronounced Leh-oh)
  2. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] (with J pronounced as Y)
  4. [name_u]Leo[/name_u] (with the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronounciation)
  5. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] (it is hard to explain the pronounciaton but something like [name_m]Benyamin[/name_m] or Beñamin; similar to tge way you would pronounce ANYa or ANJa)
  6. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] (the [name_f]English[/name_f] way)
  7. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] (the [name_f]English[/name_f] way once again)
  8. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
1 Like

I love all of these names ! For me I would use any of them in a heart beat and if I’m ranking them it would be based on how many I know. If I know less little people with that name the higher the rank

1. [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
    4.Leo
  4. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
1 Like

edited for privacy

1 Like

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] 1 - [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
2 - [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
3 - [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
4 - [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
Least favorite - [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] is spunky. It feels like a classic and is making a come back!
[name_u]Leo[/name_u] is fun! I prefer it as a nickname but I like the sound of it.
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] is alright. I don’t love it I don’t hate it.
Bejamin feels very over done. I know SO MANY Ben’s.
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] again is very over done. Any guy I’ve met named matthew I haven’t liked so I just have a bad association with the name :rofl:

1 Like

Benjamin> Leo > Matthew> Julian > Henry

1 Like

henry - my all time favourite boy name!
julian - really really cute
matthew - nice name
benjamin - wouldn’t use it but it’s still cute
leo - not really my taste but still nice

1 Like
  1. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
    tied - [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

I love both [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], but I think [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is just a tad bit overdone, so I ranked [name_u]Henry[/name_u] first. They’re both classic and warm.

[name_u]Leo[/name_u] is fine, but my least favorite of all the -o names. It is spunky, though!

I’m not a fan of [name_u]Julian[/name_u], but I like nicknames [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_u]Juli[/name_u]. [name_m]Matt[/name_m] feels dated, but I think [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] as a whole is nice. So they’re tied depending on if you use nicknames or not!

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

All very handsome, solid names! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] list!

Here is my favorite to least favorite:

Julian-I love love love [name_u]Julian[/name_u]. It’s been in my top five since about the turn of the century. :joy: It’s smart & friendly & classic & just the right amount of posh. I love the nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u] too. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is supposedly a bit popular according to the SSA list, but I’m not positive that I’ve ever met one in real life.

Matthew-This has been one of my favorites since high school too, but not top five anymore. But I do think that it’s a beautiful name. It sounds so sweet & handsome. I just don’t care a ton for [name_m]Matt[/name_m], which I don’t know whether or not it’d be unavoidable.

Henry-I do love [name_u]Henry[/name_u]. It’s charming & friendly too. It’s lost a little charm, because it’s basically what every little boy is called in my area. I love the nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m].

Benjamin-Another beautiful classic choice. And it has the sweet nns of [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_m]Benny[/name_m]. A bit popular as well, but timeless.

Leo-Really cute & a little quirky. Getting popular as well, but not too bad. I like it a lot, just not as classic as the rest of these.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps.:slight_smile:

1. [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  4. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] (only not #3 because I prefer [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] and [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], but [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] is great too)
  5. [name_u]Leo[/name_u]

I actually like all of these names, just some more than others! [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is in my top 3 for boys.

1 Like