Can you use Leo if he has a sister named Phoebe?

WDYT could l use it? We have a little girl named [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and now expected our second, we have always loved [name_m]Leo[/name_m] but lm worried that everyone would think and associate them being named after the Charmed characters? Would you do it or should l just try to find another boys name?

I would have never noticed so I say use it. I don’t think that you should worry about what others think but rather use the name is you truly love it. Good luck!

I wouldn’t have noticed. I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] suit each other nicely, style-wise.

I tried to figure out the connection between [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and I couldn’t think of a thing. [name_m]Even[/name_m] after I read your post, this seems like a non-issue. I’ve watched Charmed and would NEVER have thought of it.

I actually clicked on this post just to find out what the association between [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] was, so clearly its not a very obvious one. I don’t even think I’ve ever even heard of the show Charmed! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names!

Same here!

I used to watch charmed a lot and before I clicked on the post I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the association was so I think you’re safe.

Never would have made the connection had I not opened the thread, you are safe!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] Charmed and I wouldn’t have automatically thought of it if I met siblings [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. If you had 4 girls and called them [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Prue[/name_f] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] then yeah I’d see the connection but [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] imo aren’t obvious.

I think they are usable together. They are similar in style, and sound good together.

Go for it!

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

Ditto. I thought it might have been the shared long o sound or two syllables or something.

I used to love Charmed, and I also didn’t realize the connection until I read your post.
I think you should be fine!
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] make a great set of siblings!

Would never have guessed it was related to Charmed! I assumed maybe you meant the eo/oe letter pairing haha. I think the names are great together.

I loved Charmed and didn’t put the two together, maybe if it was [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] or [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] it would stand out, however [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are lovely together

It’s fine.

I definitely clicked to see what the connection was, and I remember watching Charmed. I think you’re good!

What’s Charmed?

I think you’re fine. :slight_smile:

The names sound really good together. They have some similarities, two syllables, first syllable a long e sound, accent on the first syllable. But the consonants are all different, and the endings. It’s a good, balanced pair. Run with it!

I’ve never heard of Charmed, so don’t think it’s as obvious as [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are lovely together.

Big charmed fan and I didn’t make the connection before reading further. Charmed is coming back next year (FYI charmed fans) but I still wouldn’t worry about that connection.

Like other posters have said, it would be a bit different if it was [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m], or if you were to add another P sister to the mix. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f] are great together!!

I have never seen Charmed in my life, so honestly didn’t make the connection until you mentioned it.

I think it’s perfectly fine.