Canaan, Cason or Cable....

We are finally narrowing our list down! And the names we have come up with are [name]Canaan[/name], [name]Cason[/name] and he likes [name]Cable[/name]. Also in the running is [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cade[/name]. The middle name is [name]David[/name], last name Mc… Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks in advanced.

I like [name]Cason[/name], but I’m not sure how to pn [name]Canaan[/name].

Maybe [name]Canaan[/name]…

I like [name]Canaan[/name] the best. Are you pronouncing it [name]Cain[/name]-en?

I vote [name]Cade[/name]…

Out of the three I like [name]Canaan[/name], how are you prn. it, like Caynan? I like [name]Cannon[/name] a little bit more and people would know how to pronounce it. [name]Cason[/name] is okay, seems a little made up to me but I have recently met 3 different [name]Cayson[/name], [name]Cason[/name] and [name]Kason[/name]. It is hard to picture [name]Cable[/name] on a person but if it has some family significance i could see it working. Some other C names you might like -

[name]Cane[/name] ([name]Kane[/name])
[name]Channing[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name] or Cyler (nn [name]Cy[/name])

K names:

[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Keldon[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

In order of preferrence: [name]Cade[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cason[/name]

The problem that I see with [name]Canaan[/name] is that it has the [name]Cain[/name] element (see Biblical story), therefore I would bypass this name.

I like [name]Cade[/name] the best but [name]Cade[/name] [name]David[/name] is too short you need to make it [name]Caden[/name] or change [name]David[/name] to a longer name eg [name]Caden[/name] [name]David[/name] nn [name]Cade[/name] or [name]Cade[/name] [name]Jamison[/name] [name]David[/name].

[name]Cason[/name] sounds strange to me like you meant to say [name]Mason[/name].

[name]Cable[/name] is a strong, unusual name but again [name]Cable[/name] [name]David[/name] seems a little short. [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Cable[/name] would work well.

Definitely [name]Canaan[/name]! It sounds so much more solid and substantial than all of your other choices. (The only caveat being that [name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name] has the repeating long A sounds, but I think it’s ok; just say it out loud and make sure you’re ok with it). I would prefer [name]Canaan[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] Mc____, but I don’t know how attached you are to [name]David[/name].
Also, I would strongly recommend taking [name]Cable[/name] off the list. It just sounds odd since it is a word-name, but not the kind of word it necessarily makes sense to name a child after. I don’t think anyone would be able to get past cable tv, and I’m sure it would invite teasing.

My pick is [name]Canaan[/name]. I’ve only heard it once before and I thought it was really cool. The only one that I don’t like is [name]Cable[/name]. [name]Imo[/name], its too much of a word, and not even a particularly nice word. It seems kind of like naming a kid, Wire.

Not [name]Cable[/name], not [name]Cable[/name], not [name]Cable[/name], not [name]Cable[/name]. Please not [name]Cable[/name].

[name]Canaan[/name] is my favorite of the three.

My vote would go to [name]Cole[/name] if you are still considering it.

[name]Cade[/name]-- runs right into [name]David[/name].
[name]Cason[/name] – like other posters, this feels too trendy and made up to me.
[name]Cable[/name] – word name that doesn’t work for me.
[name]Canaan[/name] – the best of your top three. It’s a Biblical name and place name separate from [name]Cain[/name], so I don’t really associate it with the [name]Cain[/name] and [name]Able[/name] story. However both the person [name]Canaan[/name] and the place [name]Canaan[/name] also had negative connotations. In case that matters to you.
(“Cursed be [name]Canaan[/name]!
The lowest of slaves
will he be to his brothers.”
[name]Genesis[/name] 9:25)

[name]Cable[/name] [name]David[/name]: With [name]Cable[/name], I only think of cable television, and [name]Cable[/name] and [name]David[/name] don’t flow well to me due to the long A sounds in both names.

[name]Cason[/name] [name]David[/name]: When I hear “[name]Cason[/name],” it sounds like the word “casing,”, as in a thief who cases a house before robbing it. Also, [name]Cason[/name] reminds me of casein (pronounced “cason”), which is a protein in milk and cheese.

[name]Cade[/name] [name]David[/name]: Because the Ds run together when I say the combo out loud, I think a name that doesn’t end in D (or have a long A sound) would work better with [name]David[/name].

[name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name]: I like the Biblical theme, but the flow is off to me…

[name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name]: I think this flows the best from your choices. :slight_smile:

So, one more vote for [name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Definitely [name]Cole[/name]. Though [name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds a bit like “Cold Avid”…do you like [name]Nicholas[/name]/[name]Nikolai[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name]?

I am leaning towards [name]Canaan[/name]. [name]David[/name] is my husbands’ 1st name (he goes by his middle name, [name]Paul[/name]).

So I am thinking [name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name]… Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

I like [name]Canaan[/name] best. [name]Cason[/name] just looks like a typo of [name]Jason[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] to me. [name]Cable[/name] reminds me of cable television.

Of the names you have [name]Canaan[/name] is my Fav. Have you thought of [name]Cace[/name] I love this name pn like [name]Case[/name].

I like [name]Canaan[/name]. After all, it was the promised land God gave to the Israelites for their own!

[name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name] is great! Sounds good and I like the biblical reference. Also, looks classic, which is great :slight_smile:

I’ve also seen [name]Canaan[/name] spelled “Kanan”. It’s a little shorter, has an edgier feel, & to me just looks cool. Out of your three choices, I like [name]Canaan[/name] or Kanan. :slight_smile: