Candace

[name]Love[/name] the name but how do you avoid the nickname [name]Candy[/name]?

I think [name]Candace[/name] might be better as a middle name overall, although it does have a sort of “outhip the hipsters” feel–a distinctive charm.

On the nickname, I don’t think it’s a problem. [name]Candace[/name] is relatively short and doesn’t really need a nickname. Also, [name]Candy[/name] is a dated nickname and most people might not even think of it. If you and her family call her [name]Candace[/name] all the time, then she’ll get used the full name [name]Candace[/name] and tell people not to call her [name]Candy[/name] when they do. Most people will oblige and the others can be ignored or spoken to more severely.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I do not know if it can be avoided. Like pp said, [name]Candy[/name] is somewhat dated, which means your parents and older relatives will [name]LOVE[/name] to call her [name]Candy[/name] with all endearment. [name]Even[/name] older teachers may fall into the habit. There are a few names which some people shorten by habit (like [name]Jen[/name], [name]Mike[/name], [name]Dan[/name], [name]Chris[/name], [name]Pete[/name], [name]Sue[/name], etc.), which have to pretty much be repeatedly told not to shorten the name if you prefer it in full. Other names ride just fine without a nickname until introduced by it. I really love the name [name]Candace[/name] too. Below a vague age ought to respect the [name]Candace[/name] as [name]Candace[/name], but over that age limit (I have no idea what that age may be), almost certainly call her [name]Candy[/name] no matter how many times you ask them not to. Because it’s sweet, they’ll insist. You will get annoyed and they will be blind to how angry it makes you because it makes them so happy.

The only [name]Candace[/name] I know is an acquaintance, a lady in her 60’s with a great presence. I can 't see anyone calling her [name]Candy[/name]! Maybe the NN is inevitable until the little girl grows into the name.

I have a friend named [name]Candice[/name]. No one calls her [name]Candy[/name]. I used to call her “candy ass” on occasion, but she said I was the only one allowed to do that.

I had a friend named [name]Candace[/name] (spelt with an A) and she absolutely hated the nn [name]Candy[/name], but wanted a nn, so we started calling her “[name]Ace[/name]”. She loved that.

[name]Ace[/name]
[name]Andy[/name]
[name]Dacey[/name]

That’s all I can think of!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

LOL!!

Liking those NNs. Thank you!

all the [name]Candace[/name]'s I know don’t have nicknames.

One of my really good friends is named [name]Candace[/name] and NO ONE calls her [name]Candy[/name]. I don’t think I’ve even heard anyone attempt it. We actually call her C-[name]Lace[/name]. lol.

Anywho, Cursed [name]Candy[/name] can be avoided. Good luck!

I had a friend named [name]Candace[/name] and everyone called her “Can”

my oldest best friend is candace. in high school we called her candida as a loving joke (candida is an STD) and that shortened to “dida”. 20 years later and i still call her Dida, Dides, Can, or [name]Candy[/name]-Ass. she is a really good sport.

she is definately not a “candy” and nobody ever called her that.

cute name but there is no real way to avoid nick names. for example my name is zoey ans everyone calls me zo or zo-zo . i hate it but ii only know how to avoid it when i tell them to stop other than that i deal.

[name]Candida[/name]?? HAHAHA!!

Thanks everyone for your input!