Cannot decide on a first name…please help!

Agree!

1 Like

I actually love all your names!

[name_f]Emmie[/name_f] is gorgeous, but if you don’t like any full names and don’t think you’d use [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] by itself then I’d leave it just to narrow the list down. Saying that, I think [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] would be a great name, and, if it’s a name you really love but can’t use by itself, you could always compromise and use a full name you’re not as fond of. I personally love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], and it gives many other nn options for your daughter shoild she want them.

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but I’m seeing it so much right now, which might put you off depending on whether that’s something that would bother you or not. I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] by itself, and have recently met a [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] who is lovely.

^^Same with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- I also adore [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are both so whimsical and timeless and you can honestly never go wrong with them.

I also wanted to leave a few other suggestions of names that might fit your criteria.

1. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] with nn [name_u]Georgie[/name_u].
    I adore [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] as a name but the full name [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] woild give it the more traditional touch. It’s such a sweet name and has really grown on me recently- it’s also not as common.

2. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].
    I know it’s more popular, but it really does have that whimsical girlie feel.

3. [name_f]Molly[/name_f].
    I saw someone suggest [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and wanted to agree- it’s so cute and ages well.

4. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tabby[/name_f].
    I’m not sure whether it would fit your personal style, but it a more traditional name that isn’t as common.

5. [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].
    It came to mind when I thought of Tabby; it has the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] which you love, bit gives it a longer full name. Again, it might not be your personal style.

6. [name_f]Elise[/name_f].
    Similarly to [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], I saw someone else recommend it and I love love love it. It’s so timeless and classy, and sweet and girly without being so cutesy that it might sound awkward later on in life.

Lastly I just wanted to congratulate you on your baby! :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations @Keeliaaa !! Very happy for you ! Fertility can be such a hard and long road !!

I think all your names are gorgeous! Some of my personal top 3 favourites from your list are:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] , [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] , [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

There are certain no bad choices ! They are all gorgeous names , with rich history

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] “Charlie” would be my top pick, but I feel that it may be too confusing to have two Charlies running around. [name_f]My[/name_f] next picks are [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is my personal favourite 100%!! I also feel like she meets in the middle for both your preferences the best!!

Daisy!! She’s so lovely and bright and makes me think of spring and flowers and new beginnings.

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] gets me vote! Girly and feminine!

I like all of your choices - you could go with any of them and they would be perfectly lovely!

1. Have you considered choosing something girly and whimsical that shares a nickname with a traditional name? Example: [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] (you may not like this particular name, but you can see what I mean)

2. Going with something girly and whimsical that still gets you to a name on your short list? Example: [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (especially love Lulu)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (prefer [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] to [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] so that moves this name down for me a little)
and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] as a full name if that’s an option.

I maybe wouldn’t go for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] if you’re struggling to decide and it’s your best friend’s daughter’s name. It’s a reason not to go for it, so let that narrow your list for you.

also if [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] ‘Lulu’ is an option, that would be my top choice for you

I love your choices! Any are perfect, but if I had to choose, I would go with [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. I think that it fits the traditional theme that your husband likes, since it is a diminutive of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f].
I also love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for you! I hope this helps!

I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. Have a cousin we call “Sadie Anne” (Anne always said with).

Congratulations! Infertility is so tough, I’m really happy for you!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is so sweet and fresh, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is sassy and warm, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is timeless and so cute, and I especially like the Finnish spelling [name_f]Emmi[/name_f] - that makes it seem like more of a stand alone name to me.

I wouldn’t use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] if your best friend already used it. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] aren’t my personal favorites, but that’s just my preference.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]! (My daughters name haha)
I also love [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] as a full name

I would go with [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]! If you both don’t love that one, I’d say to continue searching the pool of older, vintage botanicals because they fit both of your styles perfectly. Sweet, girly, charming, quirky and unique! :blush: I do however like the suggestion of [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], whether as a nickname for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or on it’s own. I prefer on it’s own.

Agree completely here!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all your name choices but not a fan of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. You can’t go wrong!

1 Like