Cannot decide on boy name and due in 4 weeks.....

Looking for some opinions on the following names and any suggestions based on my selection. I just can’t fall in love with anything at the moment… The middle name has to be [name]James[/name]

[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]

Any thoughts much appreciated!!!

Of those choices, I prefer [name]Jasper[/name], and then [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]. I really hate [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Taylor[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] doesn’t do anything for me. [name]Taylor[/name] also has gender-issues in that it’s used for as many girls as boys.

Other ideas:
[name]Tobin[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]/[name]Finnian[/name]/[name]Phinneas[/name]
[name]Fox[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]

If we must go down the occupational surname road:
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Keifer[/name]

[name]James[/name] flows with most first names so the only ones I would actively avoid are the ones that are translations of [name]James[/name], like [name]Seamus[/name], [name]Hamish[/name], and [name]Jacob[/name].

[name]Matthew[/name] - about as classic as you can get. Nice combo, although [name]Matthew[/name] is extremely common, if that matters.
[name]Jasper[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name despite the Twilight association. But it doesn’t work with [name]James[/name]. The alliteration on the “J” doesn’t flow well.
[name]Toby[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! [name]Toby[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds great! [name]Unique[/name] but still normal-sounding, and [name]Toby[/name] is a fun name that will age well with him.
[name]Felix[/name] - NMS. Not sure why everyone suddenly loves this name.
[name]Carter[/name] - Eh. [name]Carter[/name] [name]James[/name] is boring.
[name]Taylor[/name] - [name]Taylor[/name] [name]James[/name] makes me think of guitarist [name]James[/name] [name]Taylor[/name]. If you’re into his music, it’s great. If not, it sounds like it’s a tribute name, which would be weird.

Other suggestions:
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]/[name]Myles[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Orrin[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Turner[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]/[name]Lucas[/name]

If you go ith [name]Jasper[/name] [name]James[/name] you’ll be able to call him JJ :slight_smile:

But my pick would be [name]Felix[/name].

I like [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] the best but I would love to see [name]Tobias[/name] [name]James[/name] with the nickname [name]Toby[/name].

I really like [name]Carter[/name] [name]James[/name]. It sounds good, looks good, [name]Carter[/name] is a stylish name (especially right now), and [name]James[/name] is one of those names that are classic and never goes out of style.

I thinke [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] [name]James[/name] are lovely :slight_smile: Handsome and still cute. But some other suggestions would be:

[name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Lindon[/name] [name]James[/name]

I think my favorite from your list is [name]Jasper[/name], but I love the way [name]Matthew[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds.

Some other suggestions
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name] or [name]Ellery[/name] or [name]Ellington[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]

From your list I like [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Carter[/name]. I’m not good at suggesting names so I’ll leave that to the others! lol