Cannot get excited over new baby in family

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] a bit bad about not being excited over the new baby in the family due soon. Very happy for the parent’s, they’ll be great parent’s (my brother-in-law and his wife, their first child). Certainly can’t say it to the family but need to get it off my chest so hit up the Internet. Many reasons why but I won’t bore ya’ll with that. I just need to get over myself and get excited about the niece that will be here before I know it. After all, I am not likely to have any nieces or nephews of my own relation (from my sister). I will [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this baby once it is here, I have no doubt of that

1 Like

I felt this way at first with some of my family having babies and especially when some of his family started having them, while you don’t give your reasons, mine were pretty much jealousy, we worked hard to get our lives in order and wait to have a baby while others were having oops babies. But it’s our time now, and I was always very happy to meet those babies when they did arrive.

It’s totally natural to feel this way. We’ve been trying for about 1 1/2 years to get pregnant. Our jobs keep us from being together during our TTC days, so that is PART of the reason why it is still taking us so long. It’s so disheartening to see so many women get pregnant and have babies and we have nothing. I feel like giving up on getting pregnant but I still keep trying, even though I get heartbroken every month. But I am happy for couples who deserve it. I keep waiting on the next “announcement” from friends/family and I know I’ll have to fake a smile. And, like I said, I’m happy for those who will make good parents and are expecting a baby… but I’m so sad that we may never have one of our own. [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me; I know how you feel.