Can't agree - help?

I posted in another forum how my husband really likes the name [name]Jack[/name] and I am NOT feeling it. I would like to come up with a list for him to veto or consider. I spent the afternoon with a name book but didn’t find anything new. I also read through some recent posts on here for ideas. I figured, why not ask?

Our last name begins with R, ends with N, rhymes with [name]Karen[/name] (sort of…) and is 10 letters long, 3 syllables. We are avoiding names that end in R (so it doesn’t run into our last name) and N (so it doesn’t sound like it rhymes with our last name). We want a strong sounding name, nothing too geeky. This is our first, so we don’t need it to match up with anything. We do have an extensive list of close family though, don’t want to repeat a relative’s name.

My #1 name [name]EVER[/name] is [name]Greyson[/name], and has been since I was in 8th grade, many many years ago. I think it’s too popular now, and fails the “doesn’t end in N” test. (I am a [name]Jennifer[/name], and don’t want my kid to have a too-popular name, forcing him to be called fn-ln like I was.)

Other names I am liking now are:
[name]Thaddeus[/name] (nn [name]Tad[/name])
[name]Henry[/name] (nn [name]Hank[/name] - name of my husband’s deceased uncle)
[name]Maverick[/name]
[name]Aldrich[/name]
[name]Davis[/name] (but there are 4 Davids in my family)

My husband said he’d consider [name]Thaddeus[/name] for a mn, does not want a [name]Tad[/name]. He isn’t sure how he feels about [name]Henry[/name]/[name]Hank[/name] (not sure how his dad would react - the uncle died young).

Names I like that fail my requirements (just to give more ideas of what I like):
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Callahan[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Palmer[/name]

I’d love to hear any new ideas that I am missing. My husband wants to see a list so we can talk about options. He is realizing [name]Jack[/name] might not be it for this baby! THANK YOU!!!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Graeme[/name] or [name]Graham[/name], with the nickname [name]Grey[/name]?? (I love the sound of [name]Greyson[/name] too BTW)

My husband likes [name]Jack[/name] too, and I quite like it/love it but the popularity gives me pause. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Mack[/name]? (I think it’s neat and might get my hubby to agree to it, you never know…) Or [name]Alec[/name], which has the same sort of ending-sound?
[name]Marshall[/name] (nn [name]Marty[/name]?)

I will leave it to the name experts to generate a longer list for you! Oh, and maybe putting [name]Jack[/name] in the middle spot could make your husband happy :wink:

Good idea about [name]Graham[/name]/[name]Graeme[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Grey[/name].

My grammy’s maiden name is [name]Mack[/name], I do like that. I will add it to my list, too! :slight_smile: That didn’t even occur to me! Sounds just like [name]Jack[/name], but way less popular. Woohoo!

I wouldn’t mind doing [name]Jack[/name] for a middle name. (Obv, not with [name]Mack[/name]…) :smiley:

I am adding to my favorites list:
[name]August[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

Thank you again.

Some ideas:
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name] “[name]Mac[/name]”
Macsen “[name]Mac[/name]”
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]

Along the lines of [name]Mack[/name], how about [name]Malachi[/name] nn [name]Mack[/name]? You could also call him [name]Mal[/name] or [name]Kai[/name] if he doesn’t like going by [name]Mack[/name]. I know I changed my nickname a lot as a kid. :slight_smile: [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is a pretty handsome combo, if I do say so.

I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]August[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. Not a huge fan of [name]Thaddeus[/name], but I know it’s a nameberry favorite. It sounds like a good mn option, though.