Can't decide between two names, please help!

My partner and I have FINALLY shortlisted our baby girls name list!

We either want [name]Honour[/name] or [name]Autumn[/name]… But cant decide which one!

So I have come to my fellow Nameberries for help…

Which one do you prefer?
Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

We also have our hearts set on either the middle name [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Marie[/name].
Which do you think fits best which each name?

Thanks for your help, we are so confused and all named out!!

[name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] have the best flow, as [name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would have the r’s running together, and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would have the m’s running together.
That being said, I prefer [name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name]…a beautiful virtue name! I think [name]Honora[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would be pretty, also. (Also, [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]'s daughter’s name is [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name].)

I would go with [name]Autumn[/name]. [name]Honour[/name] is too [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]… Plus, I think [name]Autumn[/name] is very pretty!

[name]Both[/name] are gorgeous. I definetly agree with the previous posters suggestions with combos- [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sound the best together. When I hear them I get a different feel from each. With [name]Honor[/name] I think more of a virtue and trendy name feel - [name]Autumn[/name] is a classic and yet unusual. I love [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as I think it sounds so elegant. [name]Honor[/name] feels more hip. I think they are each really pretty but depends on the style you prefer. When is she due? Perhaps wait to see who she seems more like when she is born.

[name]Both[/name] names are very nice. I would not use [name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name] as that is [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]'s daughters name. I would not use [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Marie[/name] as middle names as half of all little girls I know born in the last 5 years have one of those middle names. [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] are nice names I just would want something more original in the middle.

I love [name]Autumn[/name]! And [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] conjures up such a beautiful image that makes me really love it :slight_smile:

[name]Honour[/name]'s nice but not my style and as other posters pointed out, if you go with [name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name] then that’s [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]'s daughter’s name, and [name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name] doesn’t have the best flow.

Maybe you’d consider [name]Annora[/name] instead of [name]Honour[/name] which has the same meaning and gives you the nn options of [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] or [name]Nora[/name]!

[name]Annora[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would be gorgeous! But if not, I really adore [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love [name]Honour[/name] with a more original middle name. (I agree that [name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is too much [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]).
[name]Autumn[/name] is very pretty to me, but somewhat dated in my opinion…probably because the [name]Autumn[/name]'s I know simply happen to be in their 20s and 30s.

I would go with [name]Autumn[/name]. I prefer [name]Honor[/name] on a boy.

[name]Honor[/name] it has lots of class and love the meaning too!

Traditionally when it is a girl’s name the ‘u’ is left out.

all the best from rollo

I really like [name]Autumn[/name], it’s very pretty! I think [name]Rose[/name] goes better with [name]Autumn[/name] than [name]Marie[/name] but [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds a little bit too much like a rose that comes out in [name]Autumn[/name] to me but I am from Australia where we call Fall [name]Autumn[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any family names you could use as a middle name?

tinks that is a good point that I had overlooked, as Aussies we always call the season before [name]Winter[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], never Fall, so for us it is strictly a season. It does seem to be popular on nameberry though, so possibly the people from the US don’t think of [name]Autumn[/name] first as a season seeing as their common term is Fall. I would be interested in feedback on this point from our friends in the U.S.

I refuse to choose! Two beautiful choices. Equally beautiful. As far as they can be described as “trendy” or “dated” I would say equally trendy or dated. (Not so much in either case.)

I do wonder if you want to lock yourself in with the middle names, although unlike most, I don’t have a problem with [name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. The back to back 'r’s are fine (for me).

I love both, but I would pick [name]Autumn[/name]!

[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I’m in the US, and I recognize [name]Autumn[/name] as a season whenever I see the word, but I almost never say autumn myself, or ever hear it called autumn. It’s always fall here.

I’m in the States and obviously I know the season after [name]Summer[/name] is properly called [name]Autumn[/name] but I always refer to it as Fall. Having said that, I know girls named [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] and I don’t find those names strange.

[name]Both[/name] the names are lovely but my vote is for [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

My vote goes to [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as well! Though both choices are nice- this will be one well-named baby no matter which name is chosen!

Thank you all so much for your feedback - im really pleased both names have gone down so well!
I think they are both so elegant and pretty and I guess I will just have to hope that one day I have another beautiful baby girl so I can name her the one I do not choose this time round.

She is due in 4 weeks so the choice is imminent! I guess I may wait till I see her and decide then which suits her best :slight_smile:

In response, I do agree that [name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] flow best and that was my initial thought, I just wanted to make sure my fellow nameberries agreed :slight_smile:

I am also aware that [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is the name of [name]Jessica[/name] Albas little girl and this fact is a good point however I am a believer that no name should be veto’d purely because one celebrity has named their baby it.
Personally [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name] is not my first thought when I see or hear this name and I definitely did not think of the name with that in mind. [name]Marie[/name] is my middle name and this is why we would maybe like to use it.

I also agree that on some level [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] brings up images of a rose that comes out in [name]Autumn[/name]. But I still think it is such a gorgeous name!!

These are both the reasons we are so confused about our choice!

We also both like the names [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] as possible middle names… [name]Do[/name] you think either of these would be better/go well with either [name]Honour[/name] and/or [name]Autumn[/name]?

If this helps any more… Our surname is 2 syllable and begins with a ‘C’ (with a ‘Kah’ sound) and ends with a T.

Thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it :slight_smile: And I looks forward to reading more of ur posts!

If your last name is 2 syllables too then I probably wouldn’t use [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] as then you’d have 3 two syllable names.

[name]Honor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is lovely. As is [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

My personal favourite would be [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] followed byt [name]Honor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and then [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I like the image of a rose blooming in [name]Autumn[/name] actually. It doesn’t put me off the name, it probably makes me like it more!

I agree that a name shouldn’t be out of bounds because a celebrity used it, and so I still think [name]Honor[/name] is very usable, but I wouldn’t use the exact same combo of names as a celebrity when they are mentioned so often in the press etc. I’ve read about [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]'s little girl being called [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] about a million times and I don’t even live in the US! So do conclude, I think [name]Honor[/name]'s fine, but I personally wouldn’t use [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps, best of luck :slight_smile:

I agree with pp that using [name]Honour[/name]/[name]Honor[/name] certainly isn’t off limits due to [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]'s daughter but I would avoid using the exact name, first and middle. Of your expanded options, I absolutely adore [name]Honour[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I also thought of [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name] as an option.