Can't decide on first name - help?

Hello,

We are set on our middle name, which will be [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], but are completely torn on first names. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] any and all thoughts or suggestions based on our top 5:

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_f]Franny[/name_f]) - this has been front-runner but having second thoughts
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] ([name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f])
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ([name_f]Tilly[/name_f])
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

I also like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] but close family friends just chose it for their daughter.

Thanks in advance!

Oh! Since you’re open to [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as a nickname:
Have you considered [name_f]Franca[/name_f]/[name_f]Franka[/name_f]?

[name_f]Franca[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] would be adorable.

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_f]Franny[/name_f]) - [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is really really perfect.
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] - [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] sounds disjointed. A clash of 2 styles.
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] ([name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]) - [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is stately.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ([name_f]Tilly[/name_f]) - [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], I love it!
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - I don’t like the name [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] so I’m a bit biased.

My favourites are [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], the latter one sounds best with the middle name, I think. Have you considered [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Frances[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] would be lovely, but it might not be your style.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is the best name on the list. You can always use [name_f]Francie[/name_f] as a nickname if that’s your hesitation.

I love all of your names! I adore [name_f]Frances[/name_f] “[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]” and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] “[name_f]LuLu[/name_f]”. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. You cannot go wrong!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]! Beautiful!

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] would be my picks from your list. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] has a particularly lovely flow.

I also think all of @daphodil’s suggestions are beautiful!

I love:

[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

Have you considered what about [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is giving you second thoughts? Have you thought about lengthening it? Using [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] perhaps? [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

To me, I think [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] seems like a good compromise. You have both [name_f]Frances[/name_f] (a classic no-nonsense sort of name) and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] (a trendy, frillier choice) on your list, and I think [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] captures a little of both aspects. It has the resume of [name_f]Frances[/name_f], with the fresh sounds that people are enjoying in [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. Moreover, you are attracted to [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], but it’s off limits. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is different enough, but you still like it probably for similar reasons as to why you like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. I would aim for [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], personally. But I do think you should consider why you love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or why you don’t seem to love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] anymore. Is it something someone said about it? A new association you don’t like? [name_m]Just[/name_m] normal “oh my god we’re naming a human being” anxiety? I think that’s important before you toss anything out the window permanently.

I like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

My top two are [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. Beautiful!

I love [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] - they both have beautiful nickname options and I think they are most handsome with the beautiful [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. All the best!

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Corrine[/name_f] is super pretty! That would be my choice.
I love [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], but am not a fan of the names needed to get it and a MN - I would just use [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as a first name, but it doesn’t go overly well with your chosen MN.

I like [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] sounds best.

Thanks to all who responded. I value all the opinions and suggestions! As for why I’m having second thoughts on [name_f]Frances[/name_f], it comes down to nicknames-I really dislike [name_u]Fran[/name_u] and worry it is inevitable. Other than that it remains my first choice, with [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] as runner up.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl expected any day now! Thanks again for all the great feedback.

What about the nickname [name_f]Francie[/name_f]? [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] could work. I have so many friends with long names, nobody gives them nicknames. I know you think it’s inevitable to get a nickname but it’s really not. I have a friend named [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] who always goes by her full name and that’s A LOT longer. And if she went by [name_f]Francie[/name_f] outside of the family no one would call her [name_u]Fran[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] best among all your list, and I don’t think [name_u]Fran[/name_u] is an inevitable nickname. For instance, I know of a [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] who goes by [name_u]Frannie[/name_u]/[name_f]Franny[/name_f], which shouldn’t be a stretch for [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. You can set down what her nickname is from the start (is there any you like?) and people will follow suit. Of course, she can always choose to go by [name_u]Fran[/name_u] later, but that’s only a possibility and that’s her hypothetical choice to make, and that shouldn’t be enough to cross [name_f]Frances[/name_f] off your list–especially because you like that name.