Can't think of a good name...

I am expecting a baby in [name]August[/name]. We don”t know what we are having but we already have quite a few boy names that we agree on. Girl names are another story! Some of the names I love…

[name]Sophia[/name] - we both love this name, its the only one we agreed on but its been knocked down due to popularity.
[name]Adrienne[/name] - I love this name, my husband thinks she will be teased with people saying “[name]Yo[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name]”
[name]Isla[/name] - we both actually like this one too but are worried about it rising in popularity and that it will be mispronounced.
[name]Talia[/name] - I like this, my husband isn”t sure
[name]Alanna[/name] - My husband really likes this one, I’m not so sure how i feel. I don”t like the nickname [name]Lana[/name] but he does.
[name]Elora[/name] - I actually just suggested this today and he likes it as well. I just don”t love it like I love [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Adrienne[/name].

The middle name will more than likely be [name]Lorraine[/name] if not that it will be [name]Jane[/name], both are family names. Our last name is similar to Wavely.

What do you think of the name choices? Can you think of any others that I may like that are similar to what I have already?

Thanks for the help!

[name]Sophia[/name] is a beautiful name but I agree it is too popular
[name]Adrienne[/name] is nice but feels dated to me
[name]Isla[/name] is my favorite on your list! It is rising in popularity but not enough to worry about in my opinion. Pronunciation shouldnt be a huge problem with most people. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Waverly[/name] is a good cobo :smiley:
[name]Talia[/name] is a gorgeous name aswell! [name]Talia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Waverly[/name] is lovely :slight_smile:
[name]Alanna[/name] is also nice but also feels dated to me
[name]Elora[/name] is nice but nms

What about:
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]

i love love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Wavely!!! Pronunciation problems , if any , will be rare. [name]Isla[/name] may be rising in popularity but i do not think it should prevent you from using it , it is on my top favorites and its not our faults cute names become popular! :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Talia[/name] are awesome. The others do nothing for me, though, sorry. [name]Sophia[/name] would be a middle name, it’s just too popular as a fn [name]IMO[/name]. Here are some other ideas:

[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Lucie[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]

We have a niece [name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and I love her name. I think it’s beautiful and not overused like most names now. I doubt when she is in school children will say “[name]Yo[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name]”, they probably will never have heard of that. A cute nickname you could use is [name]Addie[/name].

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions! We talked more over the weekend and I think [name]Sophia[/name] is definitely out, he just can’t get past the popularity. [name]Adrienne[/name] is also out, aside from his weird thoughts on people thinking of the [name]Rocky[/name] movies he also isn”t really big on unisex names. So we still have…

[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]

From the suggestions I like…

[name]Mila[/name] - he doesn”t
[name]Adelaide[/name] - a friend recently told me if she has a daughter she would name her Adelene. Somewhat annoying since she”s not pregnant, I hate the staking claim to names. Ugh.
[name]Emilia[/name] - I suggested [name]Amelia[/name] and he doesn”t like it so it”s doubtful he will like this :frowning:
[name]Arabella[/name] - He originally did like this a few months ago but has since said he doesn”t.
[name]Sienna[/name] - I really like this but it”s one of our friend”s daughter”s names.

I love [name]Isla[/name] the best out of my list as well. But my husband would really like to use [name]Lorraine[/name] as the middle name and I am leaning towards too.

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] sounds ok? Does it flow?

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Adriana[/name]? It seems like a good compromise between [name]Adrienne[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name].
Best of luck : )

I really like [name]Adrianna[/name] but someone close to us has already used it :frowning:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is a mouthful–but nothing horrendous. I love [name]Lorraine[/name] and am thinking about it for a fn when we finally have kids. But, in the middle spot I think these might suit:

[name]Adele[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]

You may like the name [name]Sylvia[/name] if you love [name]Sophia[/name]…
[name]Cecilia[/name] is cute as well!
Best,
L.

What about [name]Adela[/name]/[name]Adella[/name]? I also like [name]Lorraine[/name] for the mn!

The only [name]Talia[/name] I know got teased b/c they called her genetalia. (She had a sister named [name]Jenna[/name] though.)

My husband said the same “[name]Yo[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name]” thing. :slight_smile:

Also, have you thought of some of these?:

• [name]Sierra[/name]
  • [name]Savannah[/name]
  • [name]Susannah[/name]
  • [name]Samantha[/name]
  • [name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name]
  • [name]Saida[/name]
  • [name]Sapphira[/name]
  • [name]Seneca[/name]
  • [name]Seraphina[/name]
  • [name]Selma[/name]
  • [name]Shaela[/name]
  • Shila/[name]Shyla[/name]

I like the pp’s suggestion of [name]Sylvia[/name]. Also, I love the name [name]Celia[/name]…so classic and pretty!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I definetly love [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! Its so cute, Im so in love with the name [name]Jane[/name] like a middle!

If you like [name]Adrienne[/name] (I know you said it was out, but it just a suggestion) would you like [name]Adrianna[/name]? Or [name]Ariadne[/name]? I think [name]Adrianna[/name]/ Ariadnne [name]Lorraine[/name] flow nicely.

I like [name]Emilia[/name], its sweet and really "lively", but theres something about it that I don`t like. Perhaps is too similar to [name]Emily[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] is so cute! [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is definetly a good combo! But its getting popular rigth now, so maybe you dont like this.

I love [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. But if you are not sure, you could use some similar name to [name]Isla[/name] like: [name]Eyla[/name]/[name]Eila[/name] or [name]Ayla[/name]. I really like this variations.

Some suggestions (in orange my fav ones)
[name]Adela[/name] - As you said you like [name]Adelaide[/name]…
[name]Seraphina[/name] or [name]Sapphire[/name] - Maybe as an alternative to [name]Sophia[/name]?
[name]Adria[/name] - Another [name]Adrienne[/name] variation, that maybe you like.
[name]Emiliana[/name]- You could call her [name]Emilia[/name], or even [name]Mila[/name].
[name]Camila[/name] - To use [name]Mila[/name]
[name]Milanna[/name]
[name]Adelaida[/name] - As an alternative to [name]Adelaide[/name]

Good lucke!