Can't use our favourite name for our next child

Hi,

Going for a third baby and our favourite boys names [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], have been knocked of list as they are getting a bit too popular in our area. We have a [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], and a [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Judith[/name_f] (last name [name_m]Williams[/name_m]) already and if our next is a girl she will be [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]. Looking for suggestions for boys names that are unusual but also go with the middle name [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] or [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly not being able to use your favourites is proper stressful!!

Have you thought of using a [name_u]Finley[/name_u] variant? Maybe [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Fintan[/name_m], [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], [name_m]Finbar[/name_m], [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] or even [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]? I really like [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] especially with [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] & [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] would be lovely!

Maybe look at names similar to [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] some suggestions could be [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Bowen[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_u]Holden[/name_u] & [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] would be cool or [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] would also be gorgeous.

Other suggestions…
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] ~ [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]

Hope this helped

5 Likes

Finnegan is amazing :two_hearts::heart_eyes::heart:

Most people have already given my suggestions, but on the [name_u]Finley[/name_u] train, I have [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] flows very nicely.

Larkin, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and…

Canyon [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_u]Birch[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Farley[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]

I think you’re right to avoid [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] and especially [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] given [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is getting really popular at the same time too so it makes the name feel even more popular.

How about an old classic name that’s not come back yet:

Laurence [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]

I love those names too but have so many babies near me named or being named a variation of finn or rowan. If you’re a [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings fan, you could try [name_u]Rohan[/name_u], but that may be too close too.
How about a name like [name_m]Gregor[/name_m]? I read it about a month ago and haven’t been able to get it out of my head. Or something very simple and classic like [name_u]Sam[/name_u]? Either way, you have a great girls name and if you love a name, don’t worry too much about popularity. He’ll be perfectly unique and special even if he shares a name with a friend.

Larkin, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]. Boy, I sure wish more namers took after you!

These pop to mind:

Fielding [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Fenton[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Finbar[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Phelan[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Grayling[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Farquahar[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]

Good luck!

1 Like

Oh [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] is really good and something we had never considered :slight_smile: And it has the [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sound we like without it going down the growing popularity of fin beginning names. Thanks so much. This is a contender!

Never though of something like [name_u]Arrow[/name_u]. And both my husband and I are archers :stuck_out_tongue: Adding it to the list, Thank you:)

1 Like

Hmm some names that are low on the top 1,000 list for the US that may be within your style:

Merrick
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Niklaus[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Azrael[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Henrik[/name_m]