Cara

I really love the name [name]Cara[/name]. So:

1. [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it car-a or care-a? Where are you from?
  2. Does [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] sound ok?
  3. What do you think would work as a middle name for [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]?

Thankyou! [name]Rachel[/name]

I pronounce it car-a and I am from the united states. [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] sounds adorable, regardless of how you prnounce cara. [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Renee[/name], and [name]Marie[/name] are good middle names for cara.

I pronounce it care-a and I’m from the US. I know lots of care-a’s, and none of them pronounce it car-a. It’s a nice enough name, a little boring though, sorry. MIddle name possibilities could be:

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Whitney[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

I’m from the US as well, and I would pronounce it care-a and think that most people would too. [name]Every[/name] [name]Cara[/name] I’ve ever met pronounces it care-a.
I like the suggestion of [name]Cara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mathews[/name].

I am from Iowa and I would prn is Care-[name]Ah[/name].
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] sounds great.
I would pair it with a longer middle name, such as…

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - OK this isn’t “longer” but I love it!
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

I’m from Australia and pronounce it Car-a… Care-a must be a US thing becausse I’ve never heard it said that way!
I really love [name]Cara[/name], I think it’s simple and sweet but really pretty.
I know this isn’t much help but I think most names would fit well in the middle of [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]… are there any favourites you have?
Perhaps you could use more fancy or out-there name, given the simpleness of [name]Cara[/name].

I’m from nyc and I don’t pronounce it either way. “Care-a” is closer to how I say it, but the first a is more like the “a” in “sat” than “care” if that makes sense. I do think it’s a great name, though, and it goes very well with [name]Matthews[/name]! Some middle names I’d put with it (but I have no idea what you’d like)
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Justine[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] Kateri [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]

I pronounce it Car- a. I’m from [name]Brooklyn[/name]. I think it sounds better than Care- a.

I like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] ([name]Ra[/name]- Kell)
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Leona[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

Thankyou everyone, I pronounce [name]Cara[/name] as car-a - I’m pretty sure that most people in UK pronounce it that way - am i right?
Not sure of any of the middle name suggestions but thanks! I’m having a very hard time finding something which both flows well and I like. I like the flow of [name]Cara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] but don’t really like either [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Louise[/name] as names. I suppose I’m looking for something a little bit different but not weird… hmm not completely sure - just something which rollls off the tongue nicely. Any ideas?

[name]Rachel[/name]

I like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]…
I personally prefer it pronounced Care-a but if you’re from an area where the name is Car-a then I would go with that pronunciation.

Car-a.
I’ve lived in [name]Asia[/name], Australia and now US mid-west. So probably more Australian/UK influence.

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Tatiana[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Natasha[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]