Carla Bruni

[name]Carla[/name] Bruni (wife of French President Sarkozy) gave birth today to a little girl who is supposedly named [name]Dahlia[/name]. What do you think of the possible name?

Official word is in-- it’s [name]Giulia[/name]!! Goregous-- a beautifully feminine name that’s a classic in Italian and exotically chic in French. Perfect!

I agree, [name]Giulia[/name] is beautiful…would love to know what the middle name is!

[name]Giulia[/name] is Italian for [name]Julia[/name]. Does [name]Julia[/name] all of a sudden become uninteresting?

My name is [name]Giulia[/name], and although they may have the same pronunciation, they are definitely two distinct names. I love that my name is getting some attention!

Next to her first son’s name, [name]Aurelien[/name], I find [name]Giulia[/name] kind of bland. Maybe she’s named after an Italian relative.

Well, but Aurélien isn’t all that unique in [name]France[/name]. I would say [name]Giulia[/name] is more unusual by comparison.

[name]Carla[/name] Bruni is Italian, I think she moved to [name]France[/name] when she was a teenager.

I love [name]Giulia[/name]! What a lovely choice.

I was especially interested by the idea that she might have chosen [name]Dahlia[/name], though, because my best friend (who is from [name]Paris[/name]) had loved [name]Dahlia[/name], but crossed it off her list because she didn’t think it worked in [name]France[/name]!