Carly, Wes and _____

This is our third. We had no trouble naming our first two. Each time, we had a short list and one name that just felt right. We have a premade list of middle names in order, all familial.

So our daughter (4) is [name]Carly[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]
our son (2) is [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Wallace[/name] (goes by [name]Wes[/name] 95% of the time)
and baby #3 will be a boy. Middle name will be [name]Steve[/name].

Before we knew the gender we loved [name]Collin[/name]. But it just doesn’t feel right. And it got poopooed by our family because it’s too close to [name]Carly[/name] and a niece named [name]Kalen[/name]. We’ve sat down to redo our name list 4, 5, 6 times. And we looooove [name]Calvin[/name]. It feels right. Finally. [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Steve[/name]. But we run into the same concerns. Too many hard C sounds. Too close to [name]Carly[/name]. My parents think it’s out there. And there’s the new concern about [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name] being a bit matching in nodding to protestant leaders. We’re not protestant. lol. We’re mormon. We just like the names.

So tell me, are we off base with [name]Calvin[/name]? We’ll have 1 or 2 more kids, and will steer clear of C’s in the future. lol.

I think [name]Calvin[/name] goes fine with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name]. [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Carly[/name] are not too matchy, [name]IMO[/name]. Also, I doubt most people will correlate [name]Wesley[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name], so I don’t think that is a huge problem.

If you love [name]Calvin[/name] go for it!

If you want to avoid the “religious leaders” theme, you could always go with “[name]Kelvin[/name]” instead, like the physicist [name]Lord[/name] [name]Kelvin[/name]. BehindTheName.com says the name is “from the name of a Scottish river, perhaps meaning ‘narrow water.’”

I really love [name]Calvin[/name], and think it’s absolutely fine with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Wes[/name]!

[name]Calvin[/name] goes well with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Wes[/name], although I don’t much care for [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Steve[/name]. Since I teach American Lit, it does seem a little ironic to have [name]Wesley[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name], but it’s not like it’s [name]John[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] or [name]John[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], so…and [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Stephen[/name] is very matchy. I guess I don’t much care for all the v’s. What about [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Stefan[/name] instead?

Thanks for the input ladies. We knew before we found the first name that the middle would be [name]Steve[/name]. It’s both our fathers’ names, but one spells it [name]Stevan[/name], and the other [name]Steven[/name]. [name]Both[/name] go by [name]Steve[/name]. To avoid nodding to the A or the E, but still honor the dads directly, we just went with [name]Steve[/name]. The challenge was finding a first to match the middle.

I think [name]Carly[/name], [name]Wes[/name], and [name]Calvin[/name] all go really well together. I have a friend who has both a [name]Carly[/name] and a [name]Calvin[/name] and I never thought of them as too matchy matchy.