"Caro" for Caroline?

Please give me your thoughts, opinions and impressions of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] with the nickname “[name_u]Caro[/name_u]” …

thanks bunches :sparkling_heart:

It totally works.

[name_u]Caro[/name_u] (for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) is the nickname of a very well known female sports journalist/editor/presenter in Australia. She is almost exclusively referred to as this in the media. So I would very much think it works.

In Scandinavia people named [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is almost always called “[name_u]Caro[/name_u]” :slight_smile: So for me I totally see it works

Absolutely it works. I quite like it.

It totally works. There is a Dutch singer called [name_u]Caro[/name_u] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] - her real name is actually [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Caro[/name_u] is one of the most familiar and well-used nicknames for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], so it definitely works. It does sound a bit dated to me, I imagine a middle-aged or older woman going by [name_u]Caro[/name_u] and the younger women I’ve known named [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] have just used their full name, but there’s no reason why it couldn’t be used on a little girl today.

@moonstone- Getting [name_u]Caro[/name_u] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] from [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is awesome! I love when people go by something unexpected but still totally intuitive.

As someone who is named [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], personally I would not like to be called that. I’m in US and have never heard anyone named [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] referred to as that. One thing I love about my name is that it doesn’t lend itself to any true nicknames. Of course I love name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] but I just think that nickname takes away from the actual name.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. I adore [name_u]Caro[/name_u] as a standalone too, soft yet strong and quirky.

I’ve always liked that nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

I think it works and totally makes a classic a little more quirky. A good option, as they could use [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] if they wanted to be more formal, but [name_u]Caro[/name_u] is a fun nickname that at the same time seems classy enough to use formally too.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I actually knew a girl [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] who would go by [name_u]Caro[/name_u]. But pronounced Cah-Roh like car in Spanish.

That’s my cousin’s name. We call her [name_u]Caro[/name_u]. I think it’s cute, vintage, classic. Nice name!

I really like it! I’ve never actually heard of [name_u]Caro[/name_u] being used as a nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. I’ve only ever heard “[name_f]Cara[/name_f]”
I think [name_u]Caro[/name_u] is very pretty and cool, though! I think I prefer it to [name_f]Cara[/name_f], actually.

I like it too! :slight_smile:

It definitely works! I personally know a girl named [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] who goes by [name_u]Caro[/name_u]. It is very common in the Latinx community.

My sister in law is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and her husband calls her [name_u]Caro[/name_u] … very sweet!

Yes! I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and have thought of that nn too. We have a neighbor who is from a Scandinavian country and her nn is “Calo” for [name_f]Carol[/name_f]… I always thought that was cool too.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Such a quirky nickname for a more classic name.