Carsten James?

My wife and I are thinking of naming our child, if a boy, [name]Carsten[/name] [name]James[/name]. What are your thoughts?

I had never heard the name before, but really like it. I think it is a very strong name! it goes realy well with [name]James[/name] I would use it!

I had never heard the name before either. I really like it. The only thing I want to mention is that it will prbably be confused as [name]Carson[/name] alot, especially if you say his name quickly, or dont enunciate it well. But. other than that, I think it is great! I may have to add it to my own list :wink:

[name]Carsten[/name] is a Germanic/Danish form of the name [name]Christian[/name] although it’s usually spelled [name]Karsten[/name] in Germany. I’m glad you’re spelling it with a “C” instead of the trendy “K”. It has a sharp and crisp sound which probably appeals to you. The only drawback I can see: competition with all of the other names ending in “en”, “in”, “an”, “on” and “yn” in the playground. Depending on where you live, [name]Carsten[/name] will most probably have friends named [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Caden[/name], [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addisyn[/name]. Hopefully, it won’t get too confusing for everyone. I do think [name]Carsten[/name] [name]James[/name] is a great combo and if you and your wife love it, then go for it! :slight_smile: BTW - It’s nice to see a father post on Nameberry! [name]Welcome[/name] and good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].

I love [name]Carsten[/name] and the combo is very handsome.

I also think that it is handsome, but does fall into the trendy -en/-in/-an ending camp. It also reminds me of the girls’ name [name]Kirsten[/name], and I could imagine it as a unisex name.

Thanks! We hadn’t really thought about the ending issue, although we do know several couples that have been naming their boys -en, -on, etc., so something to consider.

[name]Carsten[/name] is very similar to the girl name [name]Kirsten[/name], which turns me off a little. [name]James[/name] is a great middle name, though, and the combination is very nice. Now that I think about it, [name]Carsten[/name] is also very similar to the name [name]Carson[/name], so it may be confused with that, too. I think he could very easily make the name [name]Carsten[/name] his own, though.

I like it. Go for it.

It’s not my taste but if you like it go for it.

GREAT name!! [name]Every[/name] [name]Karsten[/name] I’ve met was a big, burly [name]German[/name] man. The thought someone might give this name to a little girl makes me bowl over in laughter as a result. :slight_smile: