Carter or Pierce?

Hi! My son’s name is Brad and we are expecting our second boy. We are stuck between Carter and Pierce as a first name. Carter seems to fit well with Brad, but Pierce has been a favorite from the beginning. Thoughts?

• Carter
  • Pierce

0 voters

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts were exactly yours, independently I thought [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] but as a sibset I do enjoy [name_m]Brad[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u].

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] fits better with [name_m]Brad[/name_m] honestly because they both give me very preppy vibes.

2 Likes

i prefer carter personally but i think pierce goes much better with brad.

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Brad[/name_m] and [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] go really well together. I also know more little Carters than I can count. A little [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] would be a breath of fresh air!

1 Like

I can’t stop thinking that a brad is a nail and nails pierce things!

1 Like

I voted for [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]! We know several little Carter’s and only one [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] !

[name_m]Pierce[/name_m] feels fierce and bold and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] feels a little more expected

1 Like

While [name_u]Carter[/name_u] may fit with [name_m]Brad[/name_m] better stylistically, if [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] has been a favorite for awhile, go with it. Always go with what you love over whether the names “fit.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Carter[/name_u] much better. [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] makes me think of the word “pierce” like to poke through and feels kind of violent and unpleasant. It also feels dated. [name_u]Carter[/name_u] feels both a little more classic but also modern as there’s lots of lasts as firsts right now and just has a gentler sound.

1 Like