Carver baby boy name

I want to name my son [name_m]Carver[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Combs, at first I didn’t like the name [name_m]Carver[/name_m] but when I came back to it a month later I liked it. Have any opinions about [name_m]Carver[/name_m] as a first name? [name_u]Jay[/name_u] was my dads middle name. Thanks everyone !

I think it works, though I do think I prefer [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Colton[/name_m], [name_m]Collier[/name_m], etc.

I like it! It’s familiar but not something you hear every day.

Thank you! It’s growing on me, my first baby!

I don’t like carver at all, but o also don’t like occupation names like [name_u]Bridger[/name_u] and trapper. I don’t think this name will be out of place.

I’m not really a fan to be honest. While wood carving etc is beautiful, it mostly makes me think of butchers, and as a first name, of murderers… like “carving someone up”. Sounds kind of like a gangster name. Sorry that sounds so harsh - it might be that no-one else gets those connotations from it at all!

1 Like

Yes this is what my mom is saying! This is probably what I’m worried about, it doesn’t click for me but I’m sure others get that connotation as well.

Thank you, I think it’s handsome also :blush:

It’s sure handsome imo.
If you’re sure you like it, there’s no reason for it not to fit in with all the Carters and company out there.

I think it’s really cute! It sounds really awesome with mn [name_u]Jay[/name_u].

1 Like

This is a name that grew on me. I grew up near a college sports facility with [name_m]Carver[/name_m] in the name, and I’ve known of a baby boy (and a baby girl!) named [name_m]Carver[/name_m] after the arena. I think it’s a fun, spunky surname name that’s more unique than the Hunters and Tanners you come across. Go for it!

1 Like

Oh no, I definitely think of wood carvings. I didn’t think of a butcher and definitely not of anything scarier haha.

I think of [name_m]Carver[/name_m] Hawke from the Dragon Age video game series! Obviously he’s a fictional character in a fantasy setting, but I think it definitely works as a first name for a real person too because of its similarity to popular names like [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. I think it’s got a nice sound and it’s a good choice. It is a bit alliterative with your last name, but if that doesn’t bother you go for it.

1 Like

Yes I think it’s cute for a boy or girl! This is my first baby but my husbands second and his sons name
Is [name_m]Kaden[/name_m]. I want his name to be unique but not too out there.

I really like [name_m]Carver[/name_m]! For sure recognizable and friendly but unique. It reminds me of woodworking as well. Kind of a cute and rough name at the same time. As a bonus, it sounds great with [name_m]Kaden[/name_m].

I usually really like occupation names, but [name_m]Carver[/name_m] unfortunately makes me think of a butcher at best and a killer at worst. Sorry!

Surname/occupational names are some of my favorites. I think [name_m]Carver[/name_m] definitely works as a name. And if you love, use it.

I also adore alliterative names. [name_m]Carver[/name_m] Combs? Amazing.

Plus I think it’s great when names have a special significance, like using your dad’s middle. Basically [name_m]Carver[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Combs is in a winner in my book!

I thought the same